ICT Firm Chief Accountant Jobs vacancy in Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya (KShs 120K)
- Overseeing the accounting function including budgeting, cash flow management, payroll, management reporting, asset records management, financial variance and accounts analysis; in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, financial policies and procedures of the company and all other applicable laws, rules and guidelines
- Managing the accounting department and overall supervision over the maintenance of accounting records in the system
- Ensuring internal financial and administrative procedures are adequate to safeguard the company and its assets from losses and are compatible with the company’s business objectives
- Monitoring income and expenditures against approved budgets
- Ensuring the preparation and submission of regular periodic financial statements to the Senior Management Team
- Continuous enhancement of internal control policies and procedures, and administering them; including interpreting and explaining applicable rules, laws and regulations to other department heads and staff
- Liaising with the external auditors and facilitating annual external audits
- Facilitating and coordinating tax audits, amongst others
- Preparing reports and agenda items for consideration by the Senior Management Team and the Board of Directors
- Providing responsible advice and counsel to the Managing Director and the Board of Directors on financial planning and business administration issues
- Ensuring compliance with various legal requirements regarding licenses, labour laws, tax (including remittance and filing of tax returns), maintenance of various statutory records and filing of statutory returns
- Assisting in the development of current and long‐term organizational goals and objectives as well as policies and procedures for the company’s operations.
- Facilitating in the training of all finance and non‐finance staff on the company’s financial standards and procedures
- Overseeing the preparation of general ledger, sales ledger and purchase ledger reconciliations
- Conducting and coordinating the company’s monthly and year-end closings
- Preparing monthly/quarterly management accounts and annual financial statements
- Analyzing complex financial data, and extracting and defining relevant information including interpreting the data for the purpose of determining past financial performance and project future financial probability
- Assisting the Finance Manager prepare, present and explain periodic and year-end financial reports to the Board of Directors and shareholders
- Preparing financial budgets and cash flows forecasts, and monitoring actual performance against the budgets
- Preparation of investment/project appraisal documents on new projects for management decision making
- Review and approval of purchase orders and payment vouchers
- Overseeing the preparation and filing of monthly returns for value added tax, withholding tax and payroll deductions
- Overseeing the credit control function.
- An undergraduate degree in accounting or finance. An MBA will be an added advantage.
- A qualified Accountant with CPA (K), ACCA, or CFA professional qualifications.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a Senior Finance Position .
- Organized, numerate, analytical and fully computer literate.
- Demonstrate good communication and leadership skills with high personal integrity.
- Strong business acumen.
- Ability to understand different operating businesses and dynamic working environments.
- Exposure to International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- High levels of energy with a proactive, innovating approach to work.
- A team player with attention to detail and follow up.
- Result oriented self motivated and energetic.
- Ability to work and deliver under minimum supervision.
Corporate Staffing Services
3rd Floor, Nabui House, Unga Lane Westlands
N.B. We do not charge any fee for interviews and neither for having your CV in our database