FilmAid International Program Assistant Job in Kakuma Kenya December 2012
Working with other relief agencies and community leaders, FilmAid identifies emerging critical issues and develops appropriate film messages to help educate and inform.
FilmAid is looking to recruit a Program Assistant with the general objective to provide program implementation support to FilmAid’s field programs in Kakuma.
- The Program Assistant(s) will work with various elected sectarian committees in the Kakuma refugee camp and involve them all phases of specific projects.
- The Program Assistant(s) will work closely with the messaging committee on various issues of concern and also identify approaches to addressing these problems within the communities.
- The Program Assistant(s) will design information and dissemination plans for films, audio products and other IEC materials developed to ensure coverage of all areas and variety of target groups.
- The Program Assistant(s) will work together with relevant program staff to develop and interpret program documents and generate work plan/action plan to support them.
- The Program Assistant(s) will conduct trainings for the outreach team and provide regular mentorship and coaching to team members.
- The Program Assistant(s) will structure regular meetings with supervisor and outreach team to monitor progress and performance.
- The Program Assistant(s) will supervise the work of the outreach team to ensure activities are conducted according to donor commitments and a participatory approach is adhered to at all times.
- The Program Assistant(s) will work closely with the Program Officer in providing regular updates of outreach activities through internal and external quantitative and qualitative reports and keeping accurate statistics of all outreach activities.
- The Program Assistant(s) will conduct Focus Group Discussions with various members of the community on topical issues.
- The Program Assistant(s) will assist the production officer and the drama director in adapting information gathered from meetings with sectored committees, focus group discussions and other reviewed data into film treatments and structures in consultation with the relevant Kakuma program staff.
- The Program Assistant(s) will attend meeting on behalf of FilmAid as maybe called upon.
- The Program Assistant(s) will provide effective staff supervision and conduct regular appraisal.
- Must be a Kenyan national OR must be eligible to work in Kenya
- Must speak fluent Turkana Language. Candidate who reside in Turkana are encourage to apply
- Background in community media, communication for development or related discipline either through diploma or 2 years of working experience.
- The candidate must have basic knowledge in Monitoring and Evaluation, in particular for the development and analysis of baseline information and monitoring tools.
- Excellent Communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and effectively handle stressful situations.
- Must have excellent reporting skills
- Experience in supervising or leading or being part of cross functional team
- Basic social media skills
- Ready to work with minimal supervision with ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ready to work for long hours in a hardship area.
- Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Knowledge of humanitarian principles and action will be an added advantage.
Please email applications with only cover letter, CV and 3 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that you can also submit your applications in a sealed envelope addressed to; the HR Officer FilmAid Kenya, P.o Box 21751-00505, Kakuma Field Office.
Note that applicants who send letters of references, testimonials or any other documents apart from those requested will be automatically disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified