AFENET Laboratory Mentors Jobs in Mombasa, Garissa, Nyeri and Embu Kenya 2012
Number of Vacancies: 3
Reports to: Senior Laboratory Scientist
Deadline for Application: 10th December 2012
Duty Station: Mombasa, Garissa, Nyeri and Embu
AFENET in collaboration with the Division of Global HIV/AIDS (DGHA), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Nairobi Office is working with the Ministry of Health in Kenya to strengthen PEPFAR Laboratory Health Systems activities through supporting the implementation of laboratory quality management systems and accreditation using Strengthening of Laboratory Management Towards Accreditation Trainings (SLMTA).
A total of 4 laboratories will be enrolled: Nyeri, Embu, Mombasa and Garissa District Hospital Laboratories.
In addition to the SLMTA training, mentors will be embedded into these laboratories to accelerate the improvement of the quality management systems.
AFENET seeks to recruit three mentors preferably residents ¡n the areas/duty stations to work with the selected facilities.
Terms of reference:
- To serve as laboratory mentor in supporting the laboratories work towards implementing effective quality management systems and accreditations using the stepwise approach.
- To develop and implement action plans based on the results of the assessments to address gaps identified
- To implement the action plans, working alongside with the laboratory personnel in order to develop the sustained culture of quality.
- Working with the lab staff to write and implement laboratory quality documents (laboratory quality manual, safety manual, SOPs, forms, records, etc.) pertaining to laboratory standards particularly ISO 15189.
- To provide training and coaching to the laboratory personnel in the Laboratories to enhance Good Laboratory Practices.
- To develop internal audit schedule and process and assist with performance of internal audits.
- All laboratory quality manuals, policy documents, SOPs, test methods, forms, records developed and other procedures completed for the ISO 15189 QMS.
- Laboratory personnel mentored in good laboratory practice and evidence of implementation.
- Internal Audit records with non-conformance reports, corrective actions and summary report.
- Continuous progress and Quarterly reports.
Certifications, License, Physical Requirements:
- The minimum educational requirement is a Higher National diploma or Bachelor’s degree in medical laboratory sciences.
- Registration with KMLTTB is mandatory.
- Knowledge of ISO 15189 and SLMTA is essential.
- Training in GCLP and Internal audits.
- At least 5 years experience working as a laboratory health professional with relevant practical experience.
- At least two years of experience working as a mentor with Implementing partners and ministry of medical services at the district or national level.
- Strong QA/QC knowledge.
- Knowledge and experience ¡n conducting internal audits based on ISO 15189 standards.
- Good knowledge of MS Office programs is a must.
Submit your resume, application letter, and relevant documentation to:
The Administration and HR Office email; email@example.com
ONLY successful candidates shall be contacted for an interview.