AFENET Administrative Assistant / Logistician Jobs in Nairobi Kenya 2012
Title: Administrative Assistant / Logistician
Number of Vacancies: 1
Reports to: Senior Laboratory Scientist
Deadline for Application: 10th December 2012
Duty Station: Nairobi
AFENET in collaboration with the Division of Global HIV/AIDS (DGHA) of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Nairobi Office is working with the Ministry of Health in Kenya to strengthen PEPFAR Laboratory Health Systems activities through supporting the implementation of laboratory quality management systems and accreditation using Strengthening of Laboratory Management Towards Accreditation Trainings (SLMTA) as an initiative to assist laboratories towards accreditation.
AFENET seeks to recruit an Administrative Assistant / Logistician at their in-country office to assist with office logistics, office support activities and liaison with the AFENET office in Kampala and CDC office in Nairobi.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Perform administrative, logistical and office support activities.
- Organize and coordinate training workshops, procure training venues and hotel accommodation for training participants.
- Arrange for taxi hire and airport pickups and drop off for staff and trainees.
- Managing Office communication calls, receiving emails and directing visitors.
- Assisting mentors with logistics and local travels.
- In-charge of procurement of office stationery, photocopy work and office maintenance.
- Receive office correspondences and forwarding documents to partners.
- Responsible for archiving, logistics and administration record keeping and filing;
- Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum / Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and or management or related field, preferably with bias in logistics and accounting.
- Basic accounting skills and knowledge in management of Petty cash.
- Must have knowledge of Ms Office applications like Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint word applications as well as ability to use internet.
- Good communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Must be responsible, hard working, innovative and a team player as well as abilities to work with minimum supervision.
Experience: At least 1 to 2 years of relevant working experience in the field of administration and logistics or accounting.
Submit your resume, application letter, and relevant documentation to:
The Administration and HR Office email; email@example.com
ONLY successful candidates shall be contacted for an interview.