The Crowne Plaza Outside Catering Sous Chef and Accounts Sales Manager Jobs in Kenya 2012
What’s your passion?
Whether you’re into dancing, skateboarding or soccer at IHG we’re interested in YOU!
We employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies – people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do.
And we’re looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
The Crowne Plaza Nairobi has vacant career opportunities for:-
1. Sous Chef for Outside Catering
As Sous Chef, you will be responsible for the outside catering operations, prepare and serve a range of dishes, whilst supervising junior members of the kitchen department.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Assist in creating and testing new recipes and menu design, as well as, determining the minimum and maximum stocks of all food, material and equipment.
- Inspect the cleanliness of the line floor and all kitchen stations.
- Manage the daily operation of the main kitchen and provide instruction to less experienced culinary staff.
- The flexibility to work nights, weekends, and/or public holidays
- Preparing Indian and Asian authentic cuisine
The successful candidate would have to meet the requirements of the role including but not limited to having demonstrable experience working in a high volume branded restaurant.
Operation; ability to demonstrate working with and engaging teams, flexibility to work rotating rosters and strong knowledge of food cost.
2. Accounts Sales Manager for Outside Catering
Young, energetic individuals with catering / banqueting experience in a hotel.
Must be able to develop, implement and monitor standards of service and coordinate all catering / banqueting activities amongst the team to ensure that a high quality of production and service is consistently maintained.
Must be able to build the business, administer budgets and control costs.
Service oriented individuals with effective communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to manage the team.
Applications for the above positions must include your detailed curriculum vitae, qualifications with a minimum of 4 years work experience and current remuneration package.
Applicant must be computer literate and demonstrate excellent communications skills.
Application should also include names and addresses of three referees, a working email address and daytime telephone contacts.
Send your application by email to email@example.com so as to reach no later than 7th December 2012.