Marie Stopes Project Officer – EC Project Jobs in Kwale Kenya December 2012
Purpose of the role:
Project Officer contributes to project design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the project – “reduced maternal, newborn and child mortality though scaling up and strengthening integrated sexual and reproductive health, maternal, newborn and child health and nutrition service provision in Kwale County” funded by the European Commission.
- Develop and implement quarterly work plans and budgets to ensure smooth operation of all project activities.
- Assist in the preparation of all donor reports, including interim and annual, consistent with donor regulations.
- Assist in the preparation and management of project budgets.
- Lead implementation of the project, including all activities, capacity building, and engagement with lead partners, demand creation, marketing and engagement the private sector.
- Prepare and coordinate procurement requests for goods and services for the project.
- Develop working relationships with all critical stakeholders; share relevant information as required, build synergies between activities, partners and different components of the project.
- Coordinate information sharing across MSK departments and service delivery channels, including outreach, clinics and social franchising.
- Oversee and manage community mobilization and community led initiatives for the project, and manage two staff members who oversee engagement with community health workers and youth peer educators and health education and promotion campaigns
- Assist in all research and monitoring and evaluation activities for the project, including a baseline survey, operational research, best practices, data collection and coordination and on-going monitoring of project performance.
- Bachelors degree in management, community development, sociology or health.
- At least five years experience in health program design, administration, monitoring and evaluation.
- High level competency in written and spoken English.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Analytical, planning and monitoring skills; ability to organize work and projects in the health sector.
- Ability to work individually and within a team environment: experience in managing a team.
- Strong computer skills, including various MS Office applications.
- Ability to act quickly, make timely and quality judgments and decisions.
- Proven track record of working with communities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including cultural sensitivity, assertiveness and negotiating skills.
- Passion and commitment to MSK’s mission and professional values.
- A high degree of familiarity with the important issues sexual and reproductive health, and maternal, neonatal and child health.
People and Development Dept
Marie Stopes Kenya
NB: Please clearly indicate on the subject ‘Project Officer – EC’
Marie Stopes Kenya is an equal opportunity Employer