Marie Stopes Deputy SF Manager – AMUA SF Jobs vacancy in Nairobi Kenya 2012
Responsible to:SF Manager
Workstation: Nairobi, with regular visits to the field.
- Deputize the SF Manager in all AMUA SF operations in ensuring excellent performance of all franchise activities in accordance with MoPHS, MSK and MSI standards of clinical services.
- Integrate and coordinate AHME activities into all AMUA franchises and manage partner’s liaisons, including MoH.
- Achieve programme and project objectives as well as all donor(s) deliverables within budgeted time
- Technical support and assistance in relevant project areas like training, equipment provision, and marketing.
- Coordination of team and Franchisee meetings
- Coordination of field team allowances
- Overseeing demand creation activities including CHW strategy
- Managing partners and other stakeholder’s issues
- Coordination of M&E activities and reports in conjunction with M&E department
- Face and Touch Branding
- Contribute to Business and strategic objectives of the AMUA program, as a member of the management team
- Support team in operational, policy and resource-management issues.
- Take part in staff recruitment, induction and placement
- Team motivation, incentives, reporting systems and disciplinary issues
- Field supervision, facilitation visits
- Skill set building, growth and development of staff
- Innovation and creativity, best practices encouragement in health services delivery
- Appraisal and performance evaluation, reviews and recognition
- M&E: Together with M&E dept, impact evaluation ,client exit interviews, mystery client surveys etc
- Marketing & Demand Creation: Coordinate above and below- the- line communication strategies, IEC/BCCs, special events/campaigns etc
- QTA/IAC: Oversee all aspects of quality maintenance, equipments, supportive supervision, OJ, mentorship etc
- Training: Ensure training in new topics and refresher courses, to AMUA team, franchisees and CHWs.
- Supervise and build up the Amua team
- Ensure that the MoU between MSK and franchisees is upheld
- Inform the Amua team and MSK support office of any changes or delays to the work plan
- Maintain strong relationships and attend regular meetings with the MoPHS and other national officials
- Liaise and communicate regularly and proactively with MSK support office to ensure smooth operations of Amua activities
- Verify/validate team work reports and claims/surrrenders
- Ensure franchisees operate according to the MoU and to MSK/MSI standards
- Make sure franchisees demonstrate measurable improved quality overtime
- Focus to increase CYP and integrated SRH services amongst franchisees and achievement of set franchise targets
- Effective oversight of demand generation activities translating into measurable outputs
- Ensure100% report, record keeping and documentation is done
- Get 100% internal & external clinical audits completed each year
- Facilitate work plans to be followed to the book (unless adequate justification exists)
- Ensure donor requirements, deliverables and expectations are met
- Forge strong AMUA/GoK and stakeholder relationships nationally and regionally.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in a Health related field, with experience in managerial roles, business, communication and marketing.
- Over 5 years in management level and team leadership
- Experience in managing a health oriented program
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent spoken and written language
- Skilled in formulation, implementation & control of budgets
- Experience in Family Planning and Sexual Reproductive Health will be an added advantage
- Achievement oriented
- Team spirit and building
- Client focused
- People centered
Marie Stopes Kenya
NB: Please clearly indicate on the subject ‘Deputy SF Manager-AMUA SF’
Marie Stopes Kenya is an equal opportunity Employer