Kenya Pharma Supply Chain / Logistics Associate Job Vacancy Kenya 2012
Kenya Pharma is a USAID-funded Chemonics-implemented project that seeks to establish and operate a reliable, sustainable pharmaceutical supply chain management system.
Its aim is to forecast, procure, store, and distribute drugs, supplies, and equipment needed for the care and treatment of persons with HIV/AIDS in Kenya.
Kenya Pharma has the following vacancy:
Position Title: Supply Chain / Logistics Associate
Reports to: Supply Chain/Logistics Manager
Based in Nairobi, the SC/L Associate assists in the management of Kenya Pharma’s inbound drug shipments, customs clearance, warehousing and inventory management; outbound deliveries to service delivery points; management of reverse logistics of commodities; reporting and implementing identified ISO 9001: 2008 procedural controls; and ensuring compliance with USAID regulations, Chemonics policies and procedures, and GoK regulations and laws
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Liaise with the shipment subcontractor and ensure commodities are shipped from the supplier and cleared with customs in a timely manner;
- Coordinate arrival of shipments into the warehouse.
Warehousing & Inventory Management:
- Oversee warehousing practices to ensure appropriate handling of commodities;
- Coordinate receipt and dispatch of the commodities from the warehouse;
- Manage buffer stock levels and work with the procurement and forecasting and quantification managers to ensure availability of buffer stocks at all times in the warehouses; and
- Plan and manage semi-annual inventory and warehouse inspections.
- Liaise with the warehouse team for the management of drug orders, authorize emergency deliveries to facilities, and manage reverse logistics when required;
- Coordinate with the transport subcontractor to ensure efficiency in delivery of commodities to sites as well as proper tracking and tracing of commodities.
Management and Reporting:
- Support overall management and supervision of subcontractors;
- Identify areas of potential improvements/efficiencies;
- Work with project team to develop and deliver training on various areas of supply chain management; and
- Implement ISO 9001:2008 principles and Chemonics and USAID regulations in supply chain management.
- A bachelor’s degree in commerce, purchasing and supply management or a post graduate qualification in procurement and supply and / or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience, preferably in an NGO setting;
- Experience managing health commodity supplies will be an added advantage;
- Good knowledge of USAID and its contractual and reporting requirements;
- Strong understanding of GOK customs clearance procedures and processes.
Send your CV and cover letter with three professional referees to email@example.com not later than 7th December, 2012.
Please include position title in the subject line of the email.
For a more comprehensive scope of work for this position, visit