Heifer International Corporate Account Executive Consultant Jobs in Nairobi Kenya 2012
East Africa Dairy Development (EADD) Project
Corporate Account Executive Consultant
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Heifer International is seeking to hire a highly motivated fundraising professional.
The Consultant will be responsible for the identification, qualification, management and growth of a portfolio of corporate partners who provide funding and other strategic means of support to EADD.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of relationship building, fundraising success, project management, and will be a strong communicator and strategic thinker.
This position requires a strong commitment to teamwork and collaboration.
This position will be instrumental in driving the organizational efforts to raise multimillion dollar resources in matching revenue over the next five years and in ensuring Heifer’s expansion into new markets.
Heifer International’s East Africa Dairy Development (EADD) project was designed to improve the lives of 179,000 families (approximately one million people) by doubling household dairy income over 10 years through integrated interventions in dairy production, market-access and knowledge application.
Supported by lessons learned during the four-year initial phase, which ran from 2008-2012, the long-term vision is to scale-up interventions within the participating countries of Kenya and Uganda, and contextualize and replicate the project in Tanzania and Ethiopia in the next phase.
Scope of Work:
- Design a strategy, building on existing and new contacts, to complete a multimillion dollar resource mobilization goal for the EADD II program over the next 5 years;
- Create, plan and implement the fundraising strategies and activities building from and expanding upon the success of current private and public efforts;
- Coordinate and manage high-level donor relationships consistent with Heifer’s philanthropic strategy and guidelines of Heifer International;
- Design a compelling donor experience including regular communications and the opportunity for field visits;
- Cultivate and manage relationships with philanthropic and corporate foundations, corporations and private individuals;
- Directly solicit support from corporations,institutions and foundations; and
- Foster and cultivate relationships with philanthropic funding community through participation in relevant industry events, as well as organizational engagement and outreach.
- Work closely with Heifer International Corporate and Foundation Relations team to provide information and impact statistics to be included in reports as required by major funders.
- Leverage “personal Rolodex” and LCA prospect list to obtain new corporate, government and foundation contributions toward general operations.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters in relevant field preferred plus 8-10 years of progressively responsible experience in fundraising, strategic partnerships, public relations
- Proven track record of raising funds through current relationships with foundations, corporations and government agencies.
- Experience in donor cultivation and stewardship.
- Knowledge of and connections to the international funding community in East Africa (and US preferred).
- Exceptional oral/written communication and interpersonal skills are required, exceptional interpersonal skills;detail-oriented and pro-active problem solving skills;multi-tasker.
- Demonstrate professionalism, resourcefulness, creativity and strong problem-solving skills
- Experience successfully reporting and working with remote teams; capacity to facilitate internal decisions across multiple stakeholders as required.
- Willingness and able to travel 30-40% of his/her time.
Application Instructions: Qualified and interested candidates should submit their application which should include a cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than December 21, 2012.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.