Caritas Switzerland / Luxembourg Team Building Workshop Consultant Job in Hargeisa, Somaliland 2012
Request for Applications for Team Building Workshop Consultant
Organisation Caritas Switzerland and Caritas Luxembourg are non-governmental aid agencies and members of Caritas Internationalis. Caritas works worldwide and adheres to international humanitarian principles (NGO code of conduct).
Caritas encourages people to take charge of their own fate and does this by promoting local initiatives that sustainably improve the living conditions of the socially disadvantaged, advocating the conservation of natural resources, supporting civil conflict resolution and peace building, cooperating with local partners and strengthening their own commitments.
Caritas Switzerland and Caritas Luxembourg act in the frame of a MoU as a consortium in the Eastern Africa and the Horn of Africa with a focus on education, strengthening of civil society, food security and water hygiene and sanitation.
We operate a joint Liaison Office in Nairobi; have Country Offices in Somaliland (Hargeisa) and South Sudan (Torit) and a Representative in Ethiopia (Addis Ababa).
We are looking for a consultant to facilitate the team building and knowledge sharing retreat for all personnel for the Caritas Programme for Somaliland.
The retreat should result in all participants having a clear understanding of their duties and responsibilities, expected deliverables, outputs and strategic niches, so that the Caritas staff work as a team working to to deliver on the mandate of the Somaliland programme.
The ercecise is scheduled to be undertaken in Somaliland in early December 2012 with at least 25 staff participating .
Location Hargeisa, Somaliland
Contract start December 2012
Objectives and Scope of the Work
The objectives of the assignment are to facilitate and moderate a team building retreat, knowledge sharing and strategy brainstorming workshop for all the the personnel at the Somaliland country office for a total of 5 days (all tasks inclusive).
The leader will be required to work with all the Caritas Programme for Somaliland staff to successfully deliver on the different activities.
The scope of the work will be facilitate a two day team building exercise and to compile a report outlining the workshop’s proceedings, including practical recommendations and operational tools/guidelines which can be used by the team in the future
Essential Requirements & Qualifications
The senior-level consultant should possess the following knowledge and skills:
- Masters in Social Sciences, Management, Environment or a closely related field, a PhD will be an added advantage.
- 7-10 years of relevant professional experience;
- Proven track record of facilitating team building and knowledge sharing workshops and consultancy experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of administration and management issues;
- Excellent analytical, research, writing and communication skills;
- Full computer literacy and fluency in English – both written and spoken – are essential. Knowledge of Somali language is as added advantage.
- Prior experience with International Non-Governmental Organizations is an advantage, as is knowledge of Caritas Switzerland/Luxembourg policies and procedures
- Flexible, innovative and sensitive to cultural values
- The consultant needs to be a good and proven facilitation skills and methodologies suitable for adult learning
- Immediate availability to undertake the assignment in early December
- Possess valid passport and own laptop
If you feel you fit the required profile, please let us know how your qualifications, experience and career ambitions match the requirements of this position by providing the following:
- Technical bid: a critical review of the TOR submitted as an inception report with the workshop methodology, workplan and key outputs as formulated in the TOR
- Financial bid: to include professional fee and any other charges
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) that contains details of your qualifications, experience, availability in December, names and telephone contacts of three referees.
Send your application latest by 03 December, 2012 to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating ‘Team Building Consultant – Somaliland’ on the subject line.
Caritas Switzerland/Luxembourg will evaluate the proposals based on the technical and financial feasibility.
Caritas reserves the right to accept or reject any proposal without giving reasons.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted Website
www.caritas.ch and www.caritas.lu