WRAP Kenya Legal Officer Jobs Vacancy in Kenya 2012
WRAP is urgently looking for a Legal Officer and is inviting applications from qualified candidates.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Handling all legal work on behalf of the organization.
- Running the legal aid project and supervising other related projects.
- Engaging in research into children and women’s rights.
- Providing legal and sound advice to individual WRAP clients and community groups as well as counseling clients on legal matters.
- Effective representation of clients in courts of law, tribunals and other legal forums
- Representing WRAP at workshops meetings and seminars.
- Facilitating community awareness and sensitization on human rights i.e. Legal aid clinics
- Any other tasks that may be assigned.
- A Bachelor of Laws Degree and must be an ADVOCATE of the High Court of Kenya with a current practicing certificate with a minimum of 2 (two) years in actual practice in a busy law firm.
- Thorough knowledge of the provisions of the children’s Act, UNCRC and ACRWC and other National and international instruments on laws protecting children and women.
- Must have a passion, commitment and understanding on children and women’s rights.
- Must demonstrate skills in arbitration, alternative dispute resolution
- At least 3 (three) years experience in civil and criminal litigation in a human rights organization or busy law firm.
- Very good research writing and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate ability in the use of PC based software including Microsoft office suite, word, excel, power point, SPSS and outlook.
- Good oral and written skills in both English and Swahili.
- Good Communication, interpersonal and people management skills.
- Good organizational and analytical, management and supervisory skills.
- Honest, transparent and a high level of integrity.
- Ability to work under pressure, for long hours and to meet deadlines.
- Age between 28 and 35 years of age.
- Previous experience in an NGO setting will be an added advantage.
Women’s Rights Awareness Programme (WRAP)
P.O. Box 3006-00200
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 26th November 2012