VSF Germany Country Programme Manager Jobs vacancy in Kenya 2012
With support in animal health, agriculture, marketing, food safety, drought responses and mitigation, but also developing the capacity of communities and governmental institutions or initiating peace and conflict resolution we work towards food security and strengthened livelihoods of pastoralist communities.
VSF Germany seeks to recruit a qualified Country Programme Manager (CPM) to support in improving the efficiency and effectiveness of operations and key internal controls within the organization for a minimum period of 6 months during which the current position holder is on maternity leave.
I. Overall responsibilities:
The Country Programme Manager will support at country level the design and strategic development of the projects by providing technical backstopping, capacity building and guidance to the Projects Managers’ (PMs)on project implementation.
II. Leadership & Organization Development
- Strategic programme development in accordance with the strategic plan for VSF G in the country.
- Coordinate and ensure cordial relationship are maintained at Country and Regional level with partners, donors, international organization
- Represent VSF Germany in the technical working group and networking forum at Country/ Regional level.
- Act on behalf of Country Director /Head of Programs in his/her absence
- Attend project related meetings together with the PM or in his/her behalf if he/her is not available.
- Report regularly on the contents of attended meetings and developments that are of interest to VSF Germany to the Head of Programmes and Country Director
- Support Project Management links with local authorities and partners
- Lead project implementation by providing technical backstopping.
- The Country Programme Manager is directly involved in the planning, designing, implementation, supervision /monitoring and reporting of the projects and programs in the country.
- He/She will support project staff through capacity building in project implementation and donor compliance.
- Support PM’s and their teams in reporting by reviewing all financial and narrative reports and monitoring the project implementation progress from the same reports.
- Coordination and guidance of PMs and through regular planning meetings..
- Systemisation and control of reporting from the field, working closely with PDM on Monitoring and Evaluation
- Quality control of project proposals and reports written by the project managers
- Systematization and control of a reporting system.
- Link with Logistic and Finance department at RON level in order to facilitate issues related to procurement, transport and delivery of goods and equipment to/for the field
- Ensure donor compliance in project implementation.
- Share country security information with senior management for planning and action.
- University Degree in social science, international development studies or related field
- Post graduate qualification in Management, specializing in food security and drought response, highly preferred.
- Over 7 years experience in programming NGO sector preferred including projects managements
- Working knowledge of pastoral communities in the region and cross border linkages
- Working Knowledge of Donor Funds Management and Reporting – an added advantage.
- Strong communication, planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to travel and manage tight deadlines.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an application letter and CV (with at least 2 professional referees) at the earliest time possible to: