Safaricom Fixed Assets Senior Accountant recent Jobs vacancy in Nairobi Kenya 2012
Senior Accountant – Fixed Assets
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Fixed Assets and Inventory, the job holder will be responsible for capitalization of assets, monitoring the Construction Work In Progress (CWIP) including inventory for assets construction (lead items in the warehouse) and their valuation, ensure that all receipts and issues done in the warehouse have been updated in fixed assets appropriately and plan and participate in Stock takes and reconcile the physical count to the financial books and fixed assets ledger.
- Monitoring the timely recognition of construction Work in Progress and capitalization of the CWIP in the financial Accounts;
- Providing information for insurance purposes from the financial records;
- Review Purchase Orders (POs) on a monthly basis to ensure that any commitments made in respect to assets which have not yet been invoiced are accounted for in the correct accounting period especially items relating to CWIP;
- Ensure that all service POs relating to fixed assets such as warehouse handling costs, Custom charges for imported equipment are capitalized;
- Analyze capital work in progress into the specific sites to which they relate to and tie the same to specific purchase orders;
- Age the CWIP on a monthly basis depending on the age of the PO to ensure that no items remain therein for more than 6 months;
- Participate fully in all stock takes in the warehouse;
- Ensure all assets are tagged and update the tag numbers into the fixed assets register on a monthly basis for all additions;
- Review all additions and Disposals of Equipment and Obtaining transactional documents supporting fixed assets additions and disposals;
- Regular Physical verification of the existence of the fixed assets and making adjustments to the GL after proper approval by management.
- Honors degree from a recognized university;
- A professional qualification in accounting- CPA, ACCA;
- Over 3 years accounting experience within an ERP environment in a well run company;
- Knowledge and understanding of the application of the International Financial Reporting Standards on Fixed Assets valuation, computation of depreciation and reporting in the financial statements; and a general accounting knowledge on financial reporting.
- Management of process for recognition of capital expenditure and timely recording in Capital work in progress and capitalization on commissioning;
- Ability to relate well with both internal and external customers and work in teams;
- Ability to work under pressure within strict deadlines and under minimum supervision
- Keen attention to details and self- drive for results.
The Senior Manager – Talent Acquisition