Plan International Community Development Facilitator (Kwale PU) Jobs vacancy in Kenya 2012
Community Development Facilitator (Kwale PU)
Plan is an international humanitarian child centered community development organization, without religious, political or government affiliation.
Plan started its operations in Kenya in 1982 and is committed to protecting and promoting child rights, and to improving the lives and futures of poor children, their families and communities through a child-centered community development approach.
Plan International in Kenya is seeking to recruit for the position of Community Development Facilitator based at Kwale Program Unit.
The job holder reports to the Sponsorship Coordinator.
She/he will be responsible for mobilizing community for participation in sponsorship production to ensure continuous building of relations between community members, sponsored families and sponsors.
- Produce quality and timely sponsorship products (e.g. SCI/SCUs, quality photographs)
- Provide timely feedback on NOIs
- Ensure active participation of children, families and CBOs in sponsorship.
- Ensure good relations and linkages between Plan and volunteers and Communities.
- Support implementation of Plan Community Managed Sponsorship model in the communities.
- Ensure safety of sponsorship working tools (e.g. bicycles, cameras)
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Diploma in Community Development
- At least 2 years’ experience in an NGO preferably in sponsorship communications
- Good communication and facilitation skills
- Experience in community participation in development
- Experience in partnership building and networking
- Ability to relate with all social groups at all levels
- Fluent in written & oral English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to ride a motorcycle will be an added advantage.
Plan Kenya is a development organization uniting people to advance the rights of all children. Accordingly, employment is subject to our child protection standards including appropriate background checks and adherence to our Child Protection Policy.
If you meet the requirements of the above position, please apply online through http://plan-international-kenya.org/jobs/ .
In case of difficulty, you may contact the telephone numbers provided on our website.
The closing date of applications is 23rd November 2012.
Vacancy open to Nationals Only.
You are invited to read more about Plan in our website www.plan-international.org.
We regret that only short listed candidates will be contacted.