MSH Institutional Strengthening Marketplace and Communications Advisor Jobs vacancy in Nairobi Kenya 2012
Title: Institutional Strengthening Marketplace and Communications Advisor
Reports To: Director Monitoring and Evaluation, Reporting and Learning (MERL)
The FANIKISHA Project is a 5 years Institutional Strengthening Project funded by USAID. The project seeks to strengthen the institutional capacity of Kenyan Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) in Kenya to enable them to be responsive to the health sector needs and well being of Kenyans.
Institutional Strengthening Marketplace (15%)
- Assist in the creation of the Institutional Strengthening marketplace including identification and indexing of institutional strengthening vendors and developing the online format for the marketplace.
- Manage and update the marketplace and facilitate relations between the vendors and CSOs.
- Monitor and document the performance of the marketplace and submit relevant reports to the project senior management
- Undertake initiatives that help to raise the profile of the FANIKISHA project in Kenya. Help to develop initiatives to enlist the support of CSOs, GOK, businesses and corporations to advance the project’s mission.
- Document and disseminate the project’s work and messages through planning, implementation and oversight of all project communication activities. Produce and disseminate communication materials such as fact sheets, success stories, publications, press releases, press briefings, op-ed articles, letters to the editor, etc.
- Prepare communication strategies, establish and oversee the implementation of a project communication plan. Arrange activities to support meetings and other special events.
- Develop content for publication on FANIKISHA activities on a variety of communication avenues including MSH’s website, the marketplace, social marketing sites and other websites
- Prepare and produce the project newsletters in both electronic and print formats.
- Review and edit project documents for style and content to communicate the project message.
- Oversee the implementation of the project branding and marking plan, ensuring that the project branding and marking plan is complied with
- Liaise with MSH home office on final report preparation and submission.
- Prepare and produce communications and knowledge management mentorship and training materials for the delivery of communication technical assistance to CSOs and other stakeholders
- Provide communications training and technical assistance through mentorship to CSOs and other stakeholders
- Ensure that CSOs apply the project branding and marking as required
- Ensure that technical assistance is documented and shared with senior project management
- Masters degree in public health, education, communication, public policy, international development or related field and 5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in working with websites, electronic portals and other electronic tools
- Excellent writing and editing skills for a variety of mediums and excellent interpersonal and public communication skills.
- Experience in work that relates to program and government relations and stakeholder engagement
- Experience in international development and global health preferred, knowledge of international programs, strategies, donors and organizations
- Ability to network and facilitate strong working relationships between partners and project teams
- Understanding of knowledge management and experience adopting, adapting, and applying knowledge to communicate more effectively
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Experience in organizing and implementing events and programs
- Fluency in English required