Give Us Wings Administrative Assistant / Accounts Clerk Jobs vacancy in Kisumu Kenya 2012 (KShs 20K)
Give Us Wings is seeking a highly efficient, ethical, motivated, intelligent, and motivated person to fill the position of Administrative Assistant / Accounts Clerk.
Start Date: Immediately
Primary Role: To give administrative, financial, and clerical support to both Give Us Wings Kenya and Give Us Wings Uganda in the Africa Office located in Kisumu.
Reports to: Programme Director
Compensation: Dependent on qualifications and experience, 20,000 KES
Withholdings: Kenya Revenue Authority, National Hospital Insurance Fund, and National Social Security Fund
Allowances: Work related airtime, internet, and transport
Equipment: All available in the office, not to be removed from office without prior authorization
Schedule: 9 AM – 6 PM, 1 hour for lunch from 1-2 PM, primarily in office in Kisumu, though some travel may be required.
Length of Position: Orientation will occur during the first two weeks on the job. At the end of the orientation period, there will be a three month period of probation.
- Have served for at least two (2) years in accounting/administrative related field;
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Commerce(Accounting/ Finance option) Business Management/Administration or relevant social science from a recognized institution;
- Have Professional qualifications in accounting such as CPA or ACCA or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Have excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills;
- Excellent Computer Skills typing 35 WPM, excel in all MS Office Applications, internet.
- Be a person of high integrity and ethical in both professional and personal life.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills in English, Kiswahili, and preferably Dholuo.
- Skills in maintaining accounting or bookkeeping records;
- Team player;
- Leadership skills;
- Prior NGO experience; and
- Sound knowledge of relevant laws, government regulations and policies pertaining to NGOs.
- Manage Kisumu Office for Give Us Wings Africa (Kenya and Uganda);
- Welcome guests, visitors, offer assistance and hospitality;
- Manage all organizational correspondence;
- Oversee/implement human resources policies;
- Assists in meeting of legal/regulatory requirements of the organization;
- Be primary liaison to and assist the Board of Directors;
- Assist in preparation of program/project grants, proposals, and reports;
- Assist related and supported institutions and community based organizations in improving their clerical, administrative, and financial reporting requirements;
- Assist in meeting/event planning, implementation, and follow-up;
- Assist in volunteer coordination;
- Assist in volunteer trip planning, preparation, implementation, and follow-up; and
- Manage and organize organizational information (both physical files and electronic information).
- Oversee/Implement Financial Policies;
- Complete accurate and timely monthly expense reports, balance sheets, financial statements, and bank reconciliation;
- Administer petty cash;
- Assist in collection or revenue and making payments;
- Manage and process payroll and withholdings;
- Assist in procurement, purchasing, inventory, asset control, and tendering processes;
- Assist in preparation and submission of statutory payments;
- Assist in processing the payroll;
- Maintain ledgers;
- Prepare and maintain the cash book and other subsidiary books; and
- Assist in processing payments to creditors.