Embu University College Lecturing Jobs vacancy in Kenya 2012
Deputy Principal (Planning, Administration and Finance)
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be Professors or Associate Professors who have at least 8 years experience in senior management positions with outstanding and internationally recognized scholarships record.
- Be well published and academic leaders in their areas of specialization.
- Must have held Senior Administrative posts, e.g., Dean, Director, Chairman of Department or Principal in a University setting with a demonstrated capacity for progressive and innovative leadership.
- Demonstrate competence in administrative and academic leadership in academic/research environment.
- Have a track record of success and performance characterized by visionary and strategic thought, rapid growth and service delivery as well ass translation of ideas into value outputs.
- Have the capacity to motivate and influence staff, students and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrate evidence of outstanding ability to communicate effectively and good interpersonal skills.
- Show good understanding and commitment to the University coupled with a passion for promotion of learning g, excellence in teaching, research and innovation with the highest ethical standards, integrity and professionalism.
- Have skills, capacity and determination to initiate and facilitate the development of relevant and quality society driven academic programmes.
- Have skills, capacity and determination to initiate and sustain linkages and networks for the promotion of scholarship.
- Have a good understanding of the national policies and strategies governing university education and training in Kenya.
- Have a broad awareness ofthe factors and conditions shaping the development of higher education in the country.
- Must be familiar with education and development policies of Government of Kenya and be aware of trends in higher education worldwide.
- Successful, candidates will be offered a competitive remuneration package.
- Employment will be on a five (5) year contract renewable depending on performance and mutual agreement.
p.m, 23rd November, 2012.
University of Nairobi
P.O. BOX 30197-00100
Senior Lecturers, Lecturers and Tutorial Fellows
- Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry
- Agriculture and Agriculture related disciplines
- Agriculture Education and Extension
- Agricultural Economics
- Agro-ecosystems and Environmental studies
- Land and Water Resource Management
- Have at least three (3) years of university teaching as a full- time Lecturer after PhD qualification.
- Have successfully supervised at least three (3) Masters Students or one (1) PhD student since being appointed Lecturer.
- Show evidence of continued research including having published at least three (3) articles in refereed journals since being appointed Lecturer.
- Show evidence of attendance and contribution at learned conferences, seminars or workshops.
- Evidence of securing a grant either individually or as group since appointed as a Lecturer.
Applicants must be holders of a PhD degree in the relevant area from a recognized university. The following will be added advantage:
- Full-time university teaching experience as tutorial fellow or assistant lecturer.
- Evidence of attendance and contribution at learned conferences, seminars or workshops.
- Publication of papers in refereed journals.
- Successful, candidates will be offered a competitive remuneration package as offered in other constituent university colleges in Kenya.
- Employment will be on permanent terms except for Tutorial Fellows who will be employed on one (1) year contract renewable depending on progress toward achievement of the PhD degree.
Embu University College
P. O. Box 6 – 60100, Embu, Kenya
Please Note That Embu University College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.