National Sales Manager Jobs vacancy in Kenya 2012
National Sales Manager
Recruiter: Altima Africa Ltd
Contract Permanent Location: Nairobi
Category: Experienced Offer: Neg.
Category: Experienced Offer: Neg.
Our Client, a leading global logistics provider, seeks to recruit a National Sales Manager responsible for the profitable growth of the Ad-hoc, Small, Medium and Large customer segments for the country.
This growth will be achieved through strategic sales planning and development in combination with the management and development of all employees (direct and functional) with TSM responsibilities.
The National Sales Manager will be accountable for achieving the following results:
- New business acquisition against target
- Existing business development target
- Profit development against target
- Ensuring customer satisfaction
- Ensuring employee satisfaction
The individual will be reporting to the Regional Sales Director.
Essential Educational and / or Training Qualifications & Certificates
- Professional certification level is preferable but not essential
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field.
Preferred Experience and Knowledge
- 3-5 years sales / marketing management experience
- International Express or Logistics industry background
- Proven people management skills
- Proven track record of achieving sales targets (personal & team)
- Organisational awareness (structure and products & services)
- Good industry sector awareness including supply chain structures, developments and requirements
- Business to business selling skills
- Communication capability at a senior/board level, both internally and externally
- Recognized general and people management skills
- Ability to interpret and apply Value Based Management principles, financial reporting, ROI
- Project management skills
- English language skills
Job Specification- National Sales Manager
Identification and Management of the Target Market
- To identify all accounts to be focused on within (name of country) that will contribute to the achievement of the revenue and profit budget
- Gathers all information related to Ad-hoc, Small, Medium and Large customers
- Determines at a National level the number of required territories through the evaluation of the number of weekly, monthly and quarterly:
o Trading customers
o Prospect customers
- Supports Regional and Depot Management in making decisions relating to Depot Territory structures
- Agrees the sales channel budget/revenue targets for each Depot Strategic Sales Planning and Development
- To translate and deploy at country level the divisional sales strategy for TSM to achieve its budget, revenues and strategic goals
- Puts together a top level business plan for their TSM sales channel and cascades throughout the function
- Ensures Local, and Regional TSM business plans fit in with the country business plan
- Reviews the business plans at all levels on a regular basis
- Monitors Country, Regional and Local revenue and EBIT results versus budgets /targets for the sales channel
- Communicates and gains support from Country and Local management for the achievement of TSM objectives
- To ensure we win, keep and develop Ad-hoc, Small, Medium and Large customers through building lasting relationships
- Forms professional and appropriate relationships at senior level in identified customer organisations through face to face contact
- Forms professional and appropriate relationships with the MA Management sales channel
- Ensures correct levels of the firm’s Management are in contact with the most relevant management level within the customers organisations
- Monitors the development of customer relationships throughout the function and at all levels
- Ensures customers are kept up to date with relevant firm information and reports, where applicable
- Establishes appropriate relationships and communicates with other relevant functional areas
Marketing / Product support
- Supports product development to ensure firm’s value proposition is meeting the requirements of the Ad-hoc, Small, Medium and Large customers
- Establish potential product opportunities through identifying new developments within the sales channels customers and competitors within the local market
- Actively informs the divisional product development team on a regular basis
- Supports the introduction of new products through cascading the information and monitoring the deployment throughout the functional teams
- To lead, motivate and empower staff through effective and open communication, excellent leadership, regular performance feedback and team building, in order to maximise customer satisfaction, business results and employee satisfaction
- Ensures the compliance to formal recruitment procedures to attract and retain the very best TSM employees
- Manages, coaches and reviews employees to ensure KPI’s and personal objectives are achieved
- Through Training & coaching, ensures that TSM employees are equipped with the right skills, knowledge, competencies, and empowerment to delight customers and achieve business results
- Implements challenging but achievable reward and recognition schemes, in collaboration with Human Resources, which help to create highly motivated TSM staff, and to reward excellent performance through both financial and non-financial means
- Participates in the implementation of succession planning frameworks
- Ensures that management are aware of the needs of employees through the effective management of employee satisfaction surveys and accompanying action plans, and through two-way forums and suggestion schemes
- Conducts regular group review meetings to assess team performance and progress against business plans.
- Promotes the corporate values through active participation in the corporate initiatives
- Complies with all company related policies, procedures and legal requirements (HR, H&S, Security, etc)
Process Management & Implementation
- To deploy and monitor TSM processes, policies and procedures in order to ensure the consistency, efficiency and quality of internal and external customer expectations
- Ensures correct implementation of new and existing divisional TSM structures, policies and processes.
- Ensures continuous improvement in customer experiences through supporting the deployment of best practice processes
- Works with cross-functional colleagues to ensure the TSM and related functional processes are consistently applied and refined to improve the customer experience
- Actively reviews and manages the performance of TSM customer accounts through the effective deployment of relevant divisional policies, accompanied by corrective action planning against performance results, where applicable
- To contribute to the effective roll out of business unit projects, through contribution of professional expertise and leadership
- Ensures achievement of action points assigned
- Ensures the involvement of those with the appropriate expertise and accountability CR and Health & Safety
- Comply with the company’s corporate responsibility, health, safety and environmental standards and responsibilities as identified within the firm’s management systems and effectively implement and maintain these management systems.
- Design the action plans to embed the entity strategy and tactics in the area of Customer Experience and lead roll out at a local level.
- At any time and any where set the example and perform the activities whilst displaying the behaviours that are designed to deliver a distinctive Customer Experience.
- Encourage, motivate and monitor employee adherence to these activities and behaviours.
- Champions development
- Realises performance through people
- Drives for results
- Drives strategic change & innovation
- Engages & inspires others
- Understands customers & markets
- Demonstrates business ethics
How to Apply
- If you are qualified and up to the challenge visit www.altimaafrica.com/careers.php and apply online by 5pm, 29th October 2012.
- Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.