Library Head Jobs at Kenya Institute of Management in Kenya 2012
Job Title: HEAD OF LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SERVICES
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Reporting to Head of Branch Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for the coordination of the overall provision of library and information services across the KIM branch network.
1. Champion library automation and diversification of e-resources
2. Formulate and develop library policies and documentation
3. Evaluate the library collections services and equipment in relation to clients’ curriculum and market needs.
4. Develop appropriate interventions and solutions that meet the strategic thinking of the Institute
5. Library budgets and monitor expenditures within approved limits
• Master’s degree in Library and Information Sciences
• At least 7 years’ experience in a large academic library, and at least 3 years’ experience in key leadership position in a large academic library.
• Proficiency in modern library management practices and systems, including mainstreaming of ICT systems in information retrieval and database management.
• The person should have strong analytical and assessment skills.
• Evidence of fostering a collaborative and innovative working environment.
• Demonstrated achievement of strategic goals through collaborative actions.
• Command of emerging trends in academic librarianship
How to Apply
Interested candidates who satisfy the above requirements should forward their applications accompanied by a detailed resume, email address, day time telephone contact, name and address of three referees. The applications should reach the undersigned not later than 2nd November, 2012.
The Head, Human Capital
The Kenya Institute of Management
P.O. Box 43706 – 00100
Deadline: 2nd Nov 2012