ICRW Part-time Finance and Office Administrator Jobs vacancy in Kenya 2012
Part-time Finance and Office Administrator
Closing date: 21 Nov 2012
International Center for Research on Women
Finance and Office Administrator – Nairobi, Kenya Part-time: 26.25 hours per week
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
The International Center for Research on Women (ICRW) is an organization comprised of international development professionals – researchers, advocates and program managers – committed to the creation and sharing of the needed tools, approaches and techniques that will serve as catalysts for change for women worldwide.
Currently, ICRW currently seeks a Finance & Office Administrator for its East Africa Regional office (EARO) based in Nairobi and project office in Kisumu.
Primary Duties: Primary Role:
Finance, Accounting, Budgets and contracts – Provide effective financial and administrative management of the day to day operations of the EARO and project office.
- Office and Facility Management – Provide the administrative support necessary for a successful regional office in Nairobi and project office in Kisumu in collaboration with headquarters (HQ)-based operations staff.
- HR Support – Provide general HR support in consultation with ICRW’s HQ-based HR.
- Technology support – Ensure effective IT support to the EARO and project office in partnership with HQ-based technical staff
- Administrative Tasks – Provide logistical support as may be required from time to time such as coordinating travel and workshop logistics.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field plus 2-3 years demonstrated experience preferred. Experience: Experience in billing and accounting as well as contracts and budgeting. Some experience with general office coordination also required.
- Experience in event and conference planning, and organizing meetings is a plus.
- Experience with NGOs, and USAID financial management, and Quickbooks is highly desirable.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili languages. Demonstrated experience in billing, accounting, and financial management a must.
- Experience in office administration. Proficiency in the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and in any accounting software package. Experience with US government grant regulations and cost principles preferred.
- Familiarity with OMB Circulars A-110, A-122, A-133 highly desirable.
- Must possess excellent writing, and communication skills, excellent organizational skills, detail orientation, and the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be a team player with the ability to work independently, self starter, detail-oriented, and able to take initiative.
- Must demonstrate maturity, resourcefulness and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple demands locally and cross-culturally, with the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently.
- Flexibility and adaptability is necessary as this is a new office where situations, policies and needs are under development and can change rapidly.
How to apply:
Interested individuals should submit a statement of interest, CV, salary history and requirements to email@example.com with “Finance and Office Administrator” in the subject line.