Security Firm Transport Manager Jobs vacancy in Nairobi Kenya 2012
Position: Transport Manager
Our client, a Security firm with its Head Office in Nairobi, is looking for a Transport Manager.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for implementing all the transport administration procedures as laid down in the department.
We are looking for someone with outstanding people management skills and a strong understanding of the transport sector.
- Implement all the transport administration procedures as laid down by the department’s procedure manual
- Manage insurance, vehicle police inspections, accidents; all the court cases and any transport related legal issues.
- Ensure that all the staff under this position employ ethical working practices as provided in their training while performing their duties.
- Manage daily fuel transactions and reduce cost of running the workshop
- Analyze and give advice to the management on all transport matters.
- Manage the entire direct report functions effectively and efficiently.
- Be the custodian of all the company assets under this position.
- Take charge and discipline all the staff under this position
- Report and manage the staff reporting time and the break off time register.
- Manage and control all the activities within the company premises.
- Meet targets set by the management which will be monthly reviewed.
- Ensure that all the data related to daily repairs from the job cards is captured in the system for management reports
- At least a degree or a diploma in transport or any other related field.
- A holder of Health & Safety basic certificate or higher with proven track record
- Relevant work experience in a customer-focused environment, or general management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in people management and change management.
- Good leadership and motivational skills
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Flexibility and ability to think logically and make quick decisions
To apply, send your CV only to email@example.com before Friday 28th Sep 2012.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and the minimum salary expectation on the subject line.