Research Care and Training Program (RCTP) Interviewers Jobs in Kisumu Districts, Kenya 2012
Program Description: The Research Care and Training Program (RCTP) is a collaboration between Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI), University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), and University of Washington (UW). It is a dynamic, comprehensive HIV prevention, care, and treatment program in Kenya.
The goal of the study is to understand the mental health care needs of HIV+ women affected by Gender based violence (GBV), served by FACES, with particular attention to the impact of emotional distress on ARV adherence and HIV outcomes.
This is a study in itself, but will also serve the practical purpose of providing needs assessment, on which we plan to base the adaptation and piloting of a locally delivered mental health treatment.
Vacancy No. FN.023-2012
Location: Kisumu Districts
- Diploma in Community Health Development or Social science or any other relevant field
- HIV training will be an added advantage
- Experience in interviewing /consenting is preferable
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English, Swahili, and Dholuo
- Excellent inter personal and communication skills mandatory
- Qualitative interviewing skills and experience on the same is an added advantage
- Past experience with semi-structured interviewing, asking open-ended questions and following up with probes based on participant responses.
- Cultural sensitivity and respect of confidentiality
- Experience in social sciences, counseling, and community development is preferable.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct informed consent process with participants
- Conduct structured interviews and focus groups in Swahili, English or Dholuo according to an interview guide with male and female participants.
- Work with UCSF/FACES research team on many aspects of the study as may be required, including editing the interview guide from English to Swahili and Dholuo
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the management
- Participation in staff training (human subjects review, in-depth interview skills, focus group skills)
Terms of Service: Selected individuals will be trained and given two month appointment with possibility of extension in the above mentioned districts.
Applications should include the following:
- A cover letter stating current work (if applicable) and date available to work on the project.
- A current CV with names and telephone contacts of at least two references
- At least two letters of recommendation from previous employers
- Copies of academic and professional certificates
- An email address and a telephone number (landline or mobile)
Applications should be sent to the address below by 2nd October 2012.
Human Resources Manager
P.O. Box 614, Code 40100
P.O. Box 614, Code 40100
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.