Network Specialist (SME) Jobs vacancy in Nairobi Kenya 2012
Position Title: Network Specialist (SME)
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Our client is has a mission to change the face of IT in Africa. With a presence in 21 countries; 17 of which are in Africa this company is looking for innovative, energetic and dedicated candidates to join their expanding team in Kenya.
The Network Specialist will perform technical work installing, operating, trouble shooting and providing Level 3 support for local and wide area networks along with Firewalls.
- Managing all network components including installation, configuration and maintenance
- Developing and maintaining network security procedures. Adding, removing, and changing authorities for network users
- Resolving problems reported by end users for local and wide area networks, networking equipment (switches, routers, firewalls etc.) Providing answers to complex questions related to these systems
- Monitoring and measuring the performance of the network reports problems to the appropriate individuals
- Maintaining documentation of the network systems including network diagrams
- Establishing and maintaining contact with vendors for support and problem resolution
- Training users in the use of commercial, off the shelf (COTS) software and hardware
- Supervising, training and evaluating Technical Assistants
Experience and Background Needed
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science or related area
- Knowledge of standard networking protocols (OSPF/BGP/RIP/IGRP) and MPLS
- Ability to interact with LANs and WAN vendors
- Knowledge of LAN and WAN products and protocols
- Ability to understand and follow complex and written instructions
- Network Performance Tuning
- Network Design and Implementation
- Ability to convey complex information to others in training situations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage others in a complex technical work environment
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot technical and computer-related problems
- Experience in solution designing
- Experience in Telecom Industry and Certification in Cisco security
- Certification in CCNA and CCNP/CCIP, ITIL V3 and any other higher certifications
To apply send CVs and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday, 5th October 2012.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered for the position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.