icipe Technology Transfer Unit/Plant Health Division Research Assistant Job in Nairobi Kenya 2012
icipe wishes to urgently recruit a suitable person to fill the position of Research Assistant in the Technology Transfer Unit / Plant Health Division.
Based at Duduville, Nairobi, Kenya, the appointment will initially be for two years, with opportunities for performance-based renewal.
Applications are invited from qualified Kenyans only.
A competitive compensation package will be offered to the right candidate.
- Technical support in participatory technology development
- Assist in the development and dissemination of information through appropriate tools, including hands-on training, mass media and the Web
- Provide administrative support to project staff.
Knowledge required to perform the job
- Demonstrate skills in office administration and management
- Possess technical English writing skills
- Excellent working knowledge of computer software such as word processing (MS-Word), data presenting (Power-Point) and spreadsheets (Excel) applications, and web-content management
- The candidate must be fluent in spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
MSc in horticulture, agricultural economics or plant protection
Minimum Experience Required
- Must have rural orientation
- Must have experience with participatory methods of extension, in particular, working with farmer groups
- 3 years’ field experience after the undergraduate course is a must
- Working experience with icipe or international agricultural research organisation will be an advantage.
The candidate must possess the following attributes:
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Able to multi-task
- Be a team player
- Be a good communicator
- Must demonstrate eagerness to learn and adopt upcoming technologies.
Applications will be accepted up to 30 September 2012.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications with detailed résumés including current salary details, names and addresses of three referees (with daytime telephone numbers), a one-page write-up on how you consider yourself suitable for the above job, and e-mail address should be sent to:
The Human Resources Department,
icipe—African Insect Science for Food and Health
P.O Box 30772-00100
icipe is an Equal Opportunity Employer