Higher Education Loans Board (HELB FUNZOKenya www.helb.co.ke) Scholarship Program 2012-2013
Ministry of Medical Services
Ministry of Public Health and Sanitation
Higher Education Loans Board
FUNZOKenya Scholarship Program 2012-2013
The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) in collaboration with the Ministry of Medical Services and the Ministry of Public Health and Sanitation have designed a scholarship program for health workers in Kenya.
The pre-service and in-service scholarships are supported by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funded FUNZOKenya Project and targets bright and needy students who are committed to becoming health workers and in-service health workers who would like to further their studies.
The scholarships will enhance the country’s ability to meet the overall demand for more health workers and ensure that health workers are routinely updated with the skills and knowledge needed to meet the governments overall objective of delivering primary health care needed to improve health outcomes of the Kenyan people towards Vision 2030.
Applications are invited from eligible Kenyans for the 2012/2013 admissions in health programmes that are accredited by the Government of Kenya. Priority will be given to students studying or seeking to study in cadres with critical shortages in the health care sector as well as students from remote, resource poor and marginalized communities.
The courses and cadres of study (Pre- Service and In-Service) for which the scholarship program will finance are certificates and diplomas in Nursing, Clinical Medicine, Laboratory Technology, Nutrition, Health Records Management and Information Technology, Public Health, Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Technology, Radiography and ICT in Health.
Female students are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
1. Applicants should access and fill the 201212013 FUNZOKenya Application Form from the HELB website www.helb.co.ke
2. Then print the form and have it signed and stamped by the relevant officials and authorities.
3. Sign the form, certify and attach all the necessary documents, as indicated on the checklist on the last page of the Scholarship Application Form.
4. Scan the duly completed application form and all the required documents and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver it at the Higher Education Loans Board Offices located at Anniversary Towers, 18th Floor, University Way Nairobi.
5. The Board will use the email and telephone contacts provided on the application form for communication on the progress of your application.
Please ensure that you read and understand the instructions provided on the Application Form before you commence the application process.
*The Number of scholarships awarded will depend on availability of funds
The deadline for the scholarship application is 29th August 2012.
For further information and enquiries contact:
The Board Secretary/CEO
Higher Education Loans Board
P.O Box 69489-00400, Nairobi
Tel: (020) 2278000, 0722 205292, 0733 205292
E-mail. email@example.com ke