ACDI / VOCA Financial Services Specialist Job in Nairobi, Kenya 2012
For over 45 years and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy.
Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society.
ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 97 projects in 38 countries and revenues of over $140 million.
Financial Services Specialist
We are currently seeking a Financial Services Specialist for the Resilience and Economic Growth in the Arid Lands-Accelerated Growth (REGAL-AG) project, funded by USAID.
This project will identify, integrate and sustain humanitarian investments that prove to be effective in sustainably increasing resilience and reducing the need for recurrent humanitarian assistance, and to build on these investments to accelerate sustainable economic growth.
The goal of REGAL-AG is to foster an inclusive livestock value chain that increases pastoralists’ resilience and stimulates economic growth in several Kenyan counties and beyond.
- Design and implement activities that support and improve the demand and supply side of value chain finance to increase the competitiveness of livestock-related value chains
- Design and implement activities in the financial services sector that will increase the competitiveness of livestock-related value chains, and actors within those value chains
- Collaborate with institutions in the financial sector engaged in agriculture (particularly livestock) lending to strengthen existing programs and provide support for new programs and products.
- Establish linkages with relevant institutions in Kenya’s financial sector and pursue opportunities where project support can improve their investments and operations in the agricultural and particularly livestock sector
- Provide technical assistance to value chain actors to enhance existing, and launch new financial products and services
- Form strategic partnerships that expand the outreach of financial institutions to underserved markets in the target areas
- Assess the impact of financial products, strategic partnerships and pilot efforts and make adjustments as needed
- Address obstacles to credit faced by women
- Solid understanding of best practices in MSME finance, including agricultural finance and credit delivered by value chain actors
- At least seven years’ experience working in or consulting in the commercial financial services sector with experience in agribusiness (and particularly livestock) lending a plus
- Experience in developing and implementing new rural financial products, including experience with market research techniques, piloting new products, promoting strategic alliances and monitoring results
- Experience with financial education, informal finance, understanding saving groups, microinsurance and mobile banking preferred.
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in Finance, Economics or a related field, and MA preferred.
To be considered for this recruitment, please e-mail your resume to REGALAG@joinav.org.
Please include the position title in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
Only finalists contacted.
Women and minorities encouraged to apply.
Please apply by close of business, August 24, 2012.