Mechanical Engineer Job Vacancy in kenya 2012
Position: Mechanical Engineer
Our client is one of the leading Global oil and industrial gas Manufacturer/ distributor
Job Purpose: Support Designs mechanical and electromechanical power generation and systems by developing and testing specifications and methods as requested by customers.
Mechanical Engineer Job Duties:
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, or computer-generated reports.
- Develop and test models of alternate designs and processing methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, possible new applications and necessity of modification.
- Conduct research that tests or analyzes the feasibility, design, operation, or performance of equipment, components, or systems.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Confer with engineers or other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, or provide technical information.
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Assist drafters in developing the structural design of products using drafting tools or computer-assisted design (CAD) or drafting equipment and software.
- Develop, coordinate, or monitor all aspects of production, including selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication, or operation of product designs.
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, or other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, or maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Write performance requirements for product development or engineering projects.
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to make recommendations to maintenance crew.
- Study industrial processes to determine where and how application of equipment can be made.
- Provide feedback to design engineers on customer problems or needs.
- Perform personnel functions such as supervision of production workers, technicians, technologists and other engineers, or design of evaluation programs.
- Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, or repair to ensure that machines or equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Design test control apparatus or equipment or develop procedures for testing products.
- Establish or coordinate the maintenance or safety procedures, service schedule, or supply of materials required to maintain machines or equipment in the prescribed condition.
- Estimate costs and submit bids for engineering, construction, or extraction projects, and prepare contract documents.
- Solicit new business and provide technical customer service.
- Apply engineering principles or practices to emerging fields, such as robotics, waste management, or biomedical engineering.
Requirements Analysis, Design Skills, Presenting Technical Information, Equipment Maintenance, Conceptual Skills, Quality Focus, General Consulting Skills, Control Engineering, Production Planning, Technical Zeal, Job Knowledge.
To apply for this position send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position in the subject line and preferred location.
Kindly also mention your current/ last salary and benefits.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted