Software Developers Jobs vacancy in Nairobi Kenya (Contract Basis) 2012
Our client a leading software development company specializing in mobile solutions is looking for Software Developers to work on a contract basis in Nairobi.
The company employs bleeding edge technologies in producing both corporate and mass market solutions.
If you strongly believe you got what it takes for this position, then send us your application and resume to: email@example.com
- J2EE technologies – JSP, Servlets, Hibernate.
- Java application servers – Glassfish or other
- J2ME and any other mobile programming knowledge
- IDEs: Eclipse, Ant, Wireless Toolkit
- Database Development: Postgres / MySQL. Oracle a plus.
- Some networking knowledge
- Basic Internet security including SSL, certificates and keys
- Working with open source frameworks such as Spring and Hibernate
- Version control
- Various testing methodologies and frameworks e.g. JUnit for Unit Testing
- Linux or Unix experience strongly preferred.
- Deliver high quality software with an emphasis on standards compliance and use of industry best practices
- Software to be primarily developed on Linux
- Evaluates hardware or software product alternatives and makes recommendations
- Work closely with other team members to ensure consistency in coding standards and approaches, and to optimize any synergy and re-use opportunities
- Develop detailed specifications, create and review code and assess impact on other applications
- Documentation of design options and solutions according to System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology.
- Ensure that solutions adhere to development best practices and architectural principles.
- Apply analytical skills to resolve problems and deliver viable solutions.
- Anticipate obstacles and execute proactive approaches to issues.
- Active participation in issue resolution.
- College or University degree in IT-related field.
- 0 to 2 years experience.
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design methods and techniques including MVC.
- Demonstrates solid communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrates good leadership skills and independence.
- Knowledge of GSM networks an asset.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer competitive wages and a comprehensive selection of benefit options.