Care International Knowledge Management Coordinator Job in Kenya 2012
Supervisor: Acd Programme
Location/Duty Station: Nairobi
Job Summary & Purpose:
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Responsible for implementing the CARE Kenya Knowledge Management Strategy
- Establish excellent working relationships across the organization
- Attend SMT meetings in order to address KM issues at the senior level
- Creation and distribution of short and graphic material explaining KM and KM efforts at CARE Kenya.
- Communicate the importance of personal responsibility and KM behavior
- Launch of monthly KM newsletter.
- Participate with the CIKMWG when required.
- Introduce KM into new hire orientation programme and materials
- Ensure new employees understand the importance of KM in their new role
- Establish and maintain reporting database linked to CARE Canada PCMIS
- Ensure KM is systemized into all CARE Kenya processes, i.e. annual performance appraisals, job descriptions, etc.
- Establish KM incentives and/or recognition awards.
- Ensure the objective of becoming a Learning Organization is achieved through inclusion in CARE Kenya strategic planning
- Implement an annual learning needs survey assessment
- Coordinate one organizational learning event per fiscal quarter.
- Coordinate the CARE Mentoring Program at CARE Kenya
- Coordinate Lunch and Learn or similar events on relevant topics
- Work with the HR department to ensure the inclusion of a Learning Plan into the annual performance appraisal process.
- Develop learning opportunities across the organization (job shadowing, informal learning opportunities)
- Assess Enterprise Content Management System (ECMS) needs and develop solutions in collaboration with MIS department
- Implement an ECMS
- Create a KM Technologies Strategy- timing, responsibilities, costs and implementation contingencies clearly outlined.
- Facilitate organizational wide training on ECMS.
- Choose & implement complementary software, i.e. X1, webex, etc.
- Develop a simple, internal CARE Kenya Intranet, in collaboration with communications and MIS departments.
1. Spending Authority: 400,000/- limit per transaction as per ASL
3. Decision Making: Decision making is limited to KM issues within CARE Kenya.
- MIS department
- Communications department
- All CARE Kenya Programme teams
- All CARE Kenya Programme Support teams
- Director of KM of CARE Canada
Post secondary education in Human Resources, Business Management, Communication, Knowledge Management, Adult Learning or Education.
5-7 years of experience in a business management function, knowledge management function, adult learning or human resource development function.
Learning and knowledge sharing: open to new ideas; shares own knowledge; applies knowledge in daily work; builds partnerships for learning and knowledge sharing
If you feel you meet the requirements for this position, send your application letter indicating the reference number, title of the position along with an updated CV and telephone contacts of three professional referees to: The Human Resources & Development Manager, CARE International in Kenya, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org so as to be received not later than 10 th August, 2012. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer and promotes gender equity. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
CARE International in Kenya does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. (Application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).