Concern Worldwide Assistant Country Director Job in Nairobi Kenya 2012
Concern Worldwide is a non-governmental, international, humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following position:
1. Job Title: Assistant Country Director
Programme Development and Quality Asurance
Concern Somalia Programme
2. Contract Duration: 2 years
3. Job Summary:
The position will be based in Nairobi with frequent travel to Somalia/Somaliland and will be reporting to the Country Director.
As a member of the Somalia/Somaliland Senior Management Team, the Assistant Country Director contributes to the development of the overall country programme and has specific responsibility for coordinating and managing specific aspects of Concern’s programme in Somalia/Somaliland in accordance with relevant policies and the country plan.
The ACD will also represent Concern to relevant external stakeholders as necessary.
4. Person specification:
- Masters level qualification in Development Studies, programme management or other relevant course of studies.
- At least 5 years overseas experience with significant programme management experience
- Experience of budgetary management and exposure to systems such as HR, Logistics, Administration
- Ability to represent an organisation at senior government, agency, etc. levels and engage in advocacy
- Experience of emergency preparedness and response work
- Ability to ensure accountability to all stakeholders, but particularly to the communities and people with whom we work
- Strong experience of M&E
- Knowledge of latest theories and best practice in the field of development and humanitarian work with a particular focus on resilience
A detailed ToR may be obtained by sending an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should apply by sending a CV and a covering letter addressed to: -
The Human Resource Manager,
P.O. Box 13850-00800,
to the following email address: email@example.com
The closing date for application is Friday 3rd August 2012.
Each application should include three referees who can validate technical expertise.
Telephone contacts must be submitted with the application.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Concern Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer
Concern has a Code of Conduct and a Programme Participant Protection Policy to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from abuse and exploitation.
Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Programme Participant Protection Policy and the Concern Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment and conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions in these two documents.