ICT Company Special Projects and Business Development Head Job in Nairobi Kenya 2012
Our Client, an Information Communications Technology firm providing Custom Software Development, Mobile Banking, web solutions, alongside other ICT based services, seeks to recruit a Special Projects and Business Development Head.
Keys Tasks and Responsibilities
- Carefully develop business plans, business cases and leads for new ventures and pitch them internally within the organization for their adoption and buying. Also pitch and discuss the same business cases with relevant parties and organizations to jointly come up with an acceptable solution.
- Engage thoroughly in Research and Development of both technical and business needs to come up with and generate business leads and opportunities as well as potential business partnerships / alliances that the organization can take active part in and converting them into prospects and viable engagements that contribute to the overall company objective, revenue generation and attaining the company goals and objectives thereof.
- Document viable projects, write project proposals and presentations, write project requirements documents, engage in deliberations with other organization and stakeholders, make presentations, pitch solutions to the relevant parties and close sales / partnership agreements for new businesses and joint ventures for the viable solutions
- Build and maintain viable business relationships with clients and colleagues in the internal organization structure to ensure that there is smooth execution of project workflow and development of business cases and evaluation of the same
- Build and grow a team of Business Development Executives that he/she shall manage and be accountable for (their performance) to the management and the entire organization with regard to target attainment
- Identify trendsetter ideas by researching new technology, industry, market and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments to potentially position the organization to develop relevant products that will ensure business leadership, growth and continuity.
- Support marketing activities, including trade/ scientific shows, mailings on mailing lists etc.
- Conducting relevant workshops, meetings and seminars to drive the business development objectives of the organization as a whole
- A Bachelor’s degree course in a relevant technical discipline
- At least 2-4 years of experience in technical sales engagements in a relevant corporate industry and experience with enterprise software solutions in large complex organizations
- Good technical background with an understanding of software solutions development and life cycle
- Result oriented and a high performer of duties
- Strong interpersonal skills and human relations
- Analytical and ability to make sound judgment on viability of ventures
- Flexibility to travel away from the city to meet prospective clients and work
- Proven leadership and ability to drive Business development team.