Lab Head of Bacteriology Job vacancy in Kenya 2012
A Veterinary Diagnostic, Food & Dairy Hygiene Laboratory, seeks a highly qualified and experienced individual for the position below.
Please apply by sending your CV and covering letter to the address below;
Head of Bacteriology
The individual will be responsible for the planning, management, and day to day running of all tests carried out by the Bacteriology Department.
- Drafting and reviewing of all Bacteriological Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions and the generation of relevant Operator Training Records (OTR’s) and Reports in the agreed UKAS ISO 17025 format for approval by the Quality Manager.
- Ensuring that all tests carried out in the Department conform to the SOP’s & Work instructions are properly documented and available for subsequent inspection
- Maintenance of records of departmental tests
Qualifications and experience
- BSc or Higher National Diploma in Microbiology
- Minimum Higher National Diploma in Microbiology
- Working knowledge of ISO 17025
- General equipment maintenance
- Sound knowledge of laboratory safely guidelines
- Skills in Leadership, good communication, customer care, and have an ability to train staff.
- Minimum 10 years in practical diagnostics, bacteriology and serology
Only short listed applicants will be contacted for interview.
Interested candidates should submit their application letter and CV, names of three referees with their full contacts to; firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 3rd August 2012