Ujamaa Africa Research Job Vacancy in Nairobi Kenya 2012
Ujamaa – Africa, is a Kenyan NGO that promotes economic empowerment, personal security and health for vulnerable women and girls.
We are currently involved in a groundbreaking research program which has thus far demonstrated a dramatic decrease in the prevalence of rape in the 5 urban slum areas, where Ujamaa teaches a proprietary personal security program in schools,CBOs, FBOs and in other forums.
We are looking for a researcher who must have creative analytical thinking, strong presentation skills with the ability to turn complex data/concepts into clear insights.
- Manage all aspects of complex research projects, including negotiating project objectives and direction with other managers.
- Create comprehensive project plans to ensure projects are completed successfully.
- Prepare periodic presentations for management regarding research project status and recommendations.
- Strategic planning of research schedules.
- Perform periodic evaluations to allow the director to determine effectiveness of our programs and make suggestions when applicable.
- Ensure that the questionnaire scripts are well mastered by the facilitators, to maintain all ethics of research.
- Ensure that data collected is entered into Ujamaa’s (Information System) database
- Participate in knowledge impact assessments and reporting.
- Supervise & assist field agents in any tasks that have set deadlines.
- Identify challenges and build capacity of community units and staff on facilitation, data collection, mobilization skills among other identified needs.
- Work with various research databases and Ujamaa Softwares,to input data from other departments.
- Coordinate testing, installation and compile modification reports for all departments in Ujamaa.
- Document best practices and submit work for publication in partnership with reputable Kenyan and American Universities (Current Academic Partners include USIU, University of Nairobi, UCLA)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Degree in any Research related field.With at least 2 years experience
- Understanding of qualitative, quantitative and participatory Research, Monitoring and evaluation methodologies and principles
- Knowledge of field research trial set-up.
- Computer skills in MS Office applications and SPSS sofware, coupled with the ability to work with customized Ujamaa Softwares.
Include your current remuneration package on the cover letter.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.