Receptionist Job vacancy at Non Profit Firm in Nairobi Kenya 2012
Position Offered: Receptionist– Part time (30 hours per week); 9:30- 4:00pm
Summary of Organization
Since 2009, JAF has worked in Africa and with over 20 college and university campuses, training hundreds in the principles of secular leadership, and reaching millions through the media.
Summary of Program
To support the ambitious programmatic objectives of the organization’s strategic plan, JAF’s Programs Department strives to build and maintain best-in-class systems and controls that allow the organization to operate as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Support the Programs Department and the organization’s administrative needs; JAF is seeking a Receptionist that will be in charge of overseeing and maintaining JAF’s Administrative function as well as portions of the Human Resources and Financial functions. These responsibilities include but will not be limited to:
- Act as the initial contact of callers and visitors to JAF’s offices. Greet visitors by personifying JAF’s energetic, friendly-spirited brand image.
- Answer and route all external communications including phones, mail, packages and information-request emails.
- Maintain the organization and cleanliness of JAF’s office environment by ordering office & cleaning supplies and liaising with the building’s janitorial staff. Keep supplies for the kitchen, office and cleaning at optimal levels.
- Support JAF’s Accounting Manager with the organization’s financial systems including bill payment, income received log, and collection of credit card purchases.
- Support JAF’s HR manager in HR systems including maintaining the organization of JAF’s personnel files, interfacing with benefits providers and maintaining paid time off records.
- Book domestic and international travel for JAF Vice Presidents.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong commitment to JAF’s mission (making pluralist cooperation a social norm)
- Competence in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong sense of personal and professional integrity
- A focus and mentality of proactive customer service
- Previous administrative experience preferred
- Strict attention to detail
- Prompt and orderly organization skills
- Excellence in writing and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and balance multiple projects concurrently
- Capable working in both team and individual settings
- Collaborative and flexible in problem-solving
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
How to Apply
Deadline: August 05, 2012