HelpAge International Field Officers Jobs in Lodwar, Kenya 2012
HelpAge International is a global network of not-for-profit organisations with a vision of a world where older people fulfill their potential to lead active, dignified, healthy and secure lives.
To facilitate this and in service to the older people, we seek to fill below vacancies in various projects and support services.
National positions, based in Lodwar, Kenya
Job Title: Field Officers
Job Title: Field Officers
Reporting to: Assistant Social Protection Rights Coordinator
- HSNP SPR Manager
- Social Protection Rights Coordinator
- Advocacy Team
- Programme Officers
- Learning Officer
- Communications Officer
- Regional Development Centre staff
- Staff of statutory organizations
- Community members
Overall Job Purpose
To liaise with the Social Protection Rights Coordinator and his Assistant in implementing the programme in the Counties of operation and ensure compliance to Donor and HelpAge guidelines/standards at field level.
- Facilitate visits, community mobilization meetings and engagements with community leaders.
- Represent the organization at the community level during program implementation
- Facilitate election, training of Rights Committee and monitoring programs in prescribed sub-locations according to SPR terms of reference.
- Facilitate the setting up of advocacy groups and realization of the mandate of the advocacy groups
- Facilitate work by the statutory bodies and the rights committees
- Manage contract staff collecting data on payment spot checks
- Facilitate the Community trainings on Issues of Rights and systems put in place for grievance.
- Collection of Complaints and escalating them for further adjudication
- Prepare work plans for field activities and ensure their timely submission for approval.
- Prepare regular and timely program reports and submit to the Assistant Programme Coordinator.
- Collect accurate and complete data that meets all MIS data input requirements
- Ensure that feedback on all complaints is fed back to the community on a regular and timely manner and in line with the stipulated service level agreement.
- Ensure effective and accurate communication to all stakeholders at the community level on the programme
- Any other duties allocated by the supervisor
Knowledge and Skills:
- A Diploma in Development studies or community development or any related field
- Experience in field based community work preferably in a NGO environment
- Ability to plan, follow procedures and meet deadlines without much supervision.
- Ability to conduct training at the community level.
- Excellent mobilization ,coordination and communication skills
- Good report writing skills
- A team player
- Knowledge of the requisite local language
To apply for this position, please send an updated CV, copies of certificates and covering letter, explaining how you meet the criteria for this role to the Regional Human Resource Coordinator on email@example.com by 27th July, 2012, clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of your email.