ACTED Reporting Intern Job in Nairobi Kenya 2012
Department: Project Development Department
Position: Reporting Intern
Contract duration: Three Months with possibility of extension
Duty Station: Nairobi
Starting Date: 01/08/2012
ACTED is a non-governmental organization whose vocation is to support vulnerable population world wide and to accompany them in building a better future.
ACTED was created in 1993, is governed by the French law and has its head quarters in Paris, France.
ACTED Kenya/Somalia is looking for a self driven and a self oriented professional to fill the position of a reporting Intern.
Reporting to the Project Development Officer, the successful Intern will work closely with Project Development Department within the ACTED Kenya/Somalia offices.
Key Job responsibilities
I. Reporting Departments Tasks
- Produce and regularly update a list of all reports due.
- Ensuring physical and electronic filing of all minutes of meetings, both internal and external communication materials and reporting donor guidelines,
II. Project – related tasks: Inter- departmental work between Programming, Finance and Reporting.
- Ensuring accurate, timely and up-to-date physical and electronic filing for all project related documents with understanding of the projects’ life cycle.
- Reviewing all physical ( and simultaneously electronic) project files to ensure completeness, accuracy and coherence of all documents, layouts and cover/summary sheets.
- Translating material such as important official documents received from or provided to government ministries, as determined by the Project Development Officer.
IV. Internal coordination and communication
- Assisting the Reporting Officer in drafting minutes of the meetings
- Assisting the Reporting Officer in the follow up of communication between bases and the capital office.
V. External communications
- Assisting the Project Development Officer in producing the ACTED Newsletter.
- Assisting the Project Development Officer in implementing an external commutations strategy targeting in particular the government or domestic public opinion.
- Developing links with the local media (visual, oral and print) and other NGO partners to raise ACTED’s profile;
- Assisting the Project Development Officer in launching various PR/PI activities and in liasing with Kenya/ Somali counterparts.
VI. General filing: In collaboration with Programming, Reception and Administration
Qualifications and Competencies
Qualifications and Competencies
- Holder of Bachelors degree in Information Science, International Development studies or related field.
- Understand and speaking French language is an added advantage
- Prior experience in reporting in an INGO is an added advantage
- Well versed with computer knowledge
- Excellent communication skills with knowledge of both internal and external communications environments.
- Proactive, self-starter – able to work with minimum supervision.
- Excellent time management, organisation, and prioritisation skills, with the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- The ability to work well in a team
- Posses high levels of integrity
- Willingness to travel to the field
- Flexible, enthusiastic and a willingness to listen and learn from others.
If you believe you fit into the above profile, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org including your current contacts before 25/07/2012.