CARE International Drought Emergency Manager Job in Kenya 2012
CARE International in Kenya is looking for qualified candidates to fill the position of Drought Emergency Manager within its Emergency Program, Nairobi.
- The Drought Emergency Manager will provide expertise, guidance, and leadership in drought cycle management throughout the stages of response, recovery, and in building resilience of communities and households to drought
- Participate in the design and management of Emergency projects, including assessment, planning and monitoring of conditions and evaluation of response activities.
- Ensure compliance with CARE’s policies and procedures, and donor rules and regulations, and CARE’s Humanitarian Accountability Framework
- Mobilize local partners, lead assessments, formulate concepts, write proposals and budgets in the design and planning of activities to scale up and rapidly respond to drought Emergency.
- Under the general supervision of National Emergency Coordinator, S/he is expected to supervise the effective direct implementation of drought emergency response activities by CARE and oversee implementation of activities by local partners.
- This position requires 5 years experience in drought cycle management, drought relief/ recovery/resilience building, or sustainable livelihood security in ASAL.
- The incumbent should have at least 4 years experience working in Humanitarian/emergency programming work.
- The incumbent should have 3 years of experience in project management directly supervising staff and responsible for budgets.
- Experience in training and capacity building desired.
- A relevant university degree in development studies is required, with additional training in contingency planning, minimum standards in emergency response.
- Competencies: At minimum the incumbent should demonstrate good people management skills with ability to supervise by proxy, team player, budget management, good communication skills including report writing skills and analytical skills.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer and promotes gender equity.
CARE International in Kenya does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. (Application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).