AMREF Programme Manager Environmental Health Job in Kenya 2012
We are looking for an individual who is organized, highly motivated and results-oriented to join a dynamic team and help bring lasting health change in Africa, to fill the following position in the Environmental Health Programme.
- Ensuring that the WASH Projects contribute to achievement of the overall AMREF Kenya country programme business plan objectives and performance targets through prudent resource management.
- Ensuring the dissemination of up to date information on key changes in WASH and environmental national and international policies, strategies and guidelines to the programme staff.
- Ensuring that WASH Projects adhere to AMREF and National strategies, policies, operational guidelines and protocols.
- Providing mentoring and leadership through effective human resource management to the project staff.
- Ensuring high performance and quality service delivery for all WASH Projects and interventions managed by AMREF Kenya.
- Reviewing of the various project logical framework analyses, annual work plans, M&E plans and operations research within thematic areas of health system strengthening, capacity building and community partnering.
- Leading and participating in concepts notes and proposal development for donor funding.
- Reviewing projects operational budgets in conjunction with the project teams, Programme Accountant and Finance Manager.
- Facilitating timely and effective procurement of goods and services for WASH Projects.
- Ensuring reporting standards are met by working with Project Managers to ensure timely donor and partner reporting.
- Encouraging continued application and documentation of innovativeness in projects and programme implementation.
- Ensuring all WASH projects have Health Systems Research objectives and undertake policy analysis, carry out operations research and ensure lessons learned are documented and disseminated as part of advocacy for influencing policy and practice.
- Networking with the various stakeholders – relevant government ministries, donors, partners and communities.
- Assessing and reviewing the projects responsiveness towards the Kenya water and environmental health strategies, policies, the country plans and AMREF’s corporate strategy.
- The ideal candidate should have a Masters Degree in Public Health or its equivalent with at least seven (7) years relevant work experience at senior level in Water and Sanitation.
- Must have vast experience in implementation of WASH programs.
- The person must be experienced in project management, people management, financial management, networking and operations research. Should have knowledge of monitoring and evaluation and advocacy.
- In addition the candidate should have excellent interpersonal, communication, influencing, facilitation and negotiations skills and be computer literate.