Hotel Receptionist Job vacancy in Kenya 2012
We are new upcoming hotel located in the Karen area and are looking for a receptionist. Some key responsibilities include:
- Deliver excellent customer service, at all times
- Assist in keeping the hotel reception area clean and tidy, at all times
- Deal with all enquiries in a professional and courteous manner, in person, on the telephone or via e-mail
- Administer all reservations, cancellations and no-shows, in line with company policy
- Keep up to date with current promotions and hotel pricing, to provide information to guests, on request, while maximizing bedroom sales opportunities
- Fulfill all reasonable requests from guests to ensure their comfort, satisfaction and safety
- Report any maintenance issues immediately to line manager, including all furniture, fittings and equipment
- Provide reports, as required, for housekeepers and management
- Be responsible for evacuation, in cases of emergency, acting as first point of contact for guests and the emergency services
- Able to remain calm under pressure and problem solve accordingly.
- Be able to communicate as clearly and concisely as possible, whether face to face, over the phone or via email.
- Must be smart and have a presentable personality.
- Friendly & with outstanding people skills.
- Demonstrate merit and ability in their work performance and results
Academic and work experience
- A diploma in a business related field from a recognized institution.
- Must have excellent computer skills especially Ms excel, Ms word, Email
- Typing skills of up to 50 WPM
If you believe you possess the above qualifications, send your CV, a recent photo and scanned copies of your certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.