Farm Input Promotions Africa (FIPS-Africa) Finance and Administration Manager Job in Nairobi Kenya 2012
Position Title: Finance and Administration Manager
Operation Base: Nairobi, Kenya
FIPS-Africa is a non-profit private company registered in Kenya. Its main objective is to improve the livelihoods of small-scale farmers in the region by improving their access to appropriate farm inputs and information on their utilisation.
FIPS-Africa is seeking a qualified and experienced professional for the position of Finance and Administration Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
This key position is responsible for the management of the financial, procurement and administrative functions of FIPS-Africa.
The incumbent will lead the budgeting process of FIPS-Africa’s operations, provide leadership to the finance and administration team and lead the development and implementation of policies and procedures including appropriate internal controls.
The position holder will ensure that the functional, efficient and quality systems for Financial Management and Administration (Procurement, Human Resources and General Office Administration), are adhered to by the team, and that they are regularly reviewed for continuous system improvement that meet the highest standards in accordance with organizational strategy. The individual will work closely with donors and partner organizations on financial management issues.
One of the main tasks is to lead the development, review, and approval of financial, procurement, human resources and general administration policies and procedures manuals.
The manuals should ensure compliance with organizational policies and that they are in line with best international practices and in conformity with local laws to provide for quality and cost-effective implementation of the work of FIPS-Africa.
Required Competencies and Qualifications:
- Applicants must be holders of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration/Management (or equivalent) AND a qualified Accountant (CPA or ACCA). A Master in Business Administration (MBA) will be an added advantage.
- At least 7-years professional experience in Financial Management and Administration, the last 3 years working at Senior Management level in a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO).
- Experience in budgeting, budget monitoring and financial reporting to various stakeholders.
- Experience in management of human resources, procurement and general administrative functions
- Experience in writing policies and procedures as well as process evaluation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and ability to work in a multi-cultural setting
- Working knowledge of accounting packages especially QuickBooks
- Proficiency in Internet and Microsoft applications
Additional requirements include integrity, accountability and professionalism. Self-management, networking, team work, capacity builder, mentor and role model for staff.
Other requirements include the ability to work under demanding deadlines and handle several tasks simultaneously.
Terms of Employment / Appointment:
The successful candidate will serve a three-month probation period. The appointment will initially be for 2 years, with possible renewal subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
Remuneration: A negotiable remuneration, depending on qualifications and experience will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Interested and qualified persons should send their application letters, curriculum vitae, key academic documents by email to: email@example.com
Closing date for receiving applications is July 16, 2012.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Those who will not have heard from us within two months of publication of the advertisement should consider their applications unsuccessful.