World Vision Partners Program Officer Job in Somalia 2012
Closing Date July 06 2012
World Vision (WV) is a global network of people committed to enhance the well-being of children everywhere by empowering families and communities to overcome the challenges of poverty and injustice.
The Partners Program Officer will work with funding from the Canadian International Development Agency and be responsible for implementing the capacity building interventions of local partners, local authorities, Government institutions and ensure that local service provision is responsive, especially to the needs of host communities and IDPs in undertaking emergency programming in Gedo Region, and the possible expansion into South Central.
You will ensure accountable implementation through partners through compliance monitoring to enable partners to build their capacity to address vulnerability in their own communities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Development studies.
- 3 years of experience in the field of development issues, working with partners, humanitarian emergency affairs, preferably with experience in developing countries.
- At least 2 years of experience undertaking implementation through partners.
- Technical knowledge on Humanitarian standards (SPHERE), specific training’s on donor requirements e.g. CIDA, DEC, G2G training, GoG Training, EuropeAid training, Security training.
- Experience of working and living abroad.
- Good command of English, Knowledge of Somali will be an added advantage