Wema Centre Accountant Job in Mombasa Kenya 2012
The Wema Centre is a Non Governmental Organization (NGO) based in Mombasa that runs various projects providing comprehensive care for street children and educational opportunities for orphans and vulnerable children in the Coast and Central regions in Kenya.
We provide shelter, clothing, food, healthcare, psychosocial support and education for over 100 former street children and run weekly street children outreach programs.
Our vision is a society where all street children and other vulnerable young people are transformed into fulfilled and responsible adults.We seek a vibrant, creative, articulate, smart-working individual to work as our Accountantto be based at the Centre in Bamburi, Mombasa.Reporting to The Finance and Administration Manager, the Accountant shall:
- help in managing Wema’s financial performance and the assets of the organization.
- be responsible for the smooth and efficient running and management of the accounting functions and has supervisory responsibilities over related functions such as stores and security
- Ensure posting of all proper entries leading to correct final accounting position and producing year-end accounts.
- Maintain all books of accounts and doing monthly reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts.
- Assist in specific donor grants budget preparation, monitoring and reporting Daily cash management
- Prepare all necessary documents for payment purposes
- Assist in preparing overall budget reports, accounts analysis and budget monitoring.
- Manage Inventory and Fixed Assets and maintenance of relevant records.
- Ensure timely payment of all statutory deductions Assist in management of staff records and attending to relevant personnel matters including leave, pay-slips and SACCO issues.
- Provide regular reports to the management on accounts, bank position and other relevant activities;
- Prepare periodic annual, quarterly or monthly reports to management as required.
- General Administration Implement management financial and information systems for effective control over all programs
- ensure that professional administrative systems and procedures are followed and maintained.
- Supervise and develop efficient management of assets and stores and train relevant staff accordingly
- Supervise security personnel and ensure all Wema assets are maintained in good order and condition.
Interested persons should send their applications giving full details of their age, qualifications, experience, present and expected remuneration, full contact address including daytime telephone numbers, detailed C.V and contact details of three referees to
The Director, Wema Centre via Email on firstname.lastname@example.org or before Close of Business on Friday 29th June 2012.All applications should be titled “Wema Centre – Accountant”.
Please do not attach Copies of certificates and Testimonials at this time.