Marie Stopes Internal Auditor Job vacancy in Kenya 2012
Reporting to the Country Director, the role of the incumbent is designed to add value and improve the organizations sustainable performance in key areas of planning, internal controls, good stewardship in management of resources and reporting.
- Conduct risk assessment of departments or functional areas in established/required timeline.
- Provide timely advice to the management on the formulation of risk management strategies and policies in operations of the organization with a view of ensuring that risks are mitigated.
- Review the sustainability of internal control design, review office financial systems and report on compliance with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and practices.
- Conduct audit testing of specified area and identify reportable issues and dimension of risk.
- Review financial and data processing system with the aim of ensuring the system is operating efficiently, effectively and accurately.
- Participate in a variety of meetings for the purpose of conveying and / or gathering information required to perform functions.
- Respond to inquiries from a variety of sources (e.g. staff, external auditors or government agencies etc.) for the purpose of providing information on accounting/financial operations and clarification as needed.
- Review internal processes and controls for the purpose of ensuring financial information is properly processed, reported and safeguarded.
- Make recommendations on the systems and procedures being reviewed, report on the findings and recommendations and monitor management’s response and implementation.
- Ensure major risks are identified, analyzed and strategies to mitigate them put in place
- Prepare internal audit plan which fulfills the requirements of the organization
- Audit the utilization of funds disbursed to various projects.
Requirements for Appointment:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Commerce.
- CPA, ACCA or other internationally recognized accounting qualification
- A minimum four years progressive audit experience is required, preferably in a reputable organization.
- Experience with risk assessment, control analysis, audit procedures and standards and the internal framework of control preferably within the non-profit sector.
- Ability to effectively and confidently discuss audit issues with management and provide recommendations.
- Project management skills with the ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities.
- Strong analytical, written/ verbal communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Must have good working knowledge of computerized accounting systems.
- Must be computer literate in using Microsoft Office programs.
Applications with detailed CVs with contact details of 3 referees should be submitted to:
People and Development Dept
Marie Stopes Kenya
Marie Stopes Kenya
On or before 29th June, 2012
Due to the urgency of the requirement to fill this position applications will be reviewed as they come
‘Marie Stopes Kenya is an equal opportunity employer’