Foundation Manager Job vacancy in Kenya june 2012
An independent, non-profit, philanthropic organization is seeking a Manager for Africa.
S/He will report to the Africa Director and will join a small team charged with maximizing and extending the impact of the organization’s programmes and influencing practice and outcomes in philanthropy, development and the children’s agenda.
This role entails:
- Policy analysis for both Country and Government research and due diligence to enable decision makers prioritize issues.
- Mobilize partners and maintain strong working relationships with Government and other key stakeholders.
- Program management and delivery: Replicating and scaling up successful programs in one or multiple geographies and promoting the adoption of development and philanthropy practices,
- Develop and disseminate data/ evidence based on best practice by encouraging adoption and adaption and using evidence to support policy changes.
- Optimize funding and resources by prioritizing global donor funding, establishing national budgets and driving value for money.
- Advocacy- influencing through strategic communication to key national and global audiences.
- Convening- bringing together directly or indirectly key stakeholders to support change.
- Strategic partnership- Positioning the organization with a core set of key actors and institution and building alliances for impact.
- Utilizing data/ evidence- using proof of concept, feasibility and data to drive scale and impact if there is a data shortage or a need for new analysis.
The right Candidate must have:
- At least 10 years experience working at senior level with government and key development partners in Sub Saharan Africa.
- Demonstrable experience in strategic thinking, analysis and due diligence.
- Solid policy, planning and program delivery experience.
- Knowledge of children’s health care issues
- Ability to network effectively across the philanthropy, government, NGOs and business space.
- Strong policy, communication, negotiating and analytical skills
- Strategic, methodical and highly rigorous professional approach. Comfortable analyzing disparate and even contradictory information. Adaptability and flexibility.
- Skilled at thinking independently whilst carefully considering and engaging colleagues’ points of view.
- Masters or advanced degree preferred in a related field.
- Proficiency in reading and writing. French is a plus.
Qualified applicants should apply through:
Applications should be received by 6 July 2012.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.