World Agroforestry Centre Internal Auditor Job in Nairobi Kenya 2012
To learn more about our organization, please visit our website: www.worldagroforestry.org
About the position
ICRAF seeks to recruit a candidate for the position of Internal Auditor to be based at its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya.
Internal Audit Policy Guidance and Implementation
- Establish policies for the auditing activity and manage its technical and administrative functions
- Develop and execute comprehensive audit programs for evaluation of management controls for Centre activities.
- Ensure the highest professional standards and compliance with the guidelines of the Institute of Internal Auditors
- Review activities and programs of the Centre to ensure that they are being conducted in a manner to efficiently and effectively accomplish the objectives intended by the Centre
- Facilitate the continuous development of and monitor the effectiveness of the risk management function
- Examine the effectiveness of all levels of management in the stewardship of Centre resources and their compliance with established policies and procedures
- Ensure that adequate operating and administrative policies and procedures, accounting system controls and monitoring controls are put in place by management
- Recommend improvement of management controls designed to safeguard Centre resources, promote growth and ensure compliance with laws and regulations
- Assess the adequacy of action taken by operating management to improve controls, acknowledge adequate corrective action, and continue to review with appropriate management personnel action that is considered inadequate until there has been satisfactory resolution of the matter
- Coordinate special audit assignments at the request of management
- Prepare and submit risk-based annual audit plans to the Director General and the Audit Committee of the Board of Trustees for review and approval
- Prepare or review audit reports and ensure that they are formal, coherent, concise and timely records of the audit findings and observations
- Report to the Finance and Audit Committee of the Board of Trustees on the adequacy of internal controls and risk management processes
- Supervise the internal audit staff
- Manage the Unit’s budget
- Maintain a working relationship with the Centre’s external audits to ensure adequate audit coverage and avoid duplication.
- University level academic qualification in accounting, finance or related field
- Professional qualification such as in internal auditing (CIA), accounting and financial management (CPA or CA or equivalent), information technology (CISA, CISM), fraud examination (CFE) administration and corporate governance
- Experience in internal auditing is a prerequisite with at least 10 years total experience in planning, conducting and managing internal or external audits; investigations; and consultancies related to corporate governance, risk management, organizational development, internal controls and compliance systems
- A very good knowledge of internal control and risk management frameworks and concepts
- Mature understanding of the ethical framework for internal auditors and ability to appreciate ethical issues applicable generally in the work place
- Highly developed analytical skills
- High-level skills in written and verbal communication in English, together with proven ability to prepare and present clear, logical and succinct written reports and correspondence
- Ability to provide authoritative, professional advice and assistance to audit client senior executives, managers and staff, in a constructive manner
- Capacity to work both autonomously and in a team environment
- Superior inter-personal skills, including an ability to work harmoniously in a multi-cultural environment within the internal audit unit and in the Centre
The World Agroforestry Centre is an equal opportunity employer and offers a collegial and gender-sensitive working environment. We believe that staff diversity promotes excellence and strongly encourage applications from qualified women.
How to apply
Applications for the position must include:
- A cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements and salary expectations
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- The names and addresses of three referees, including telephone, fax numbers and email addresses.