AMACO Business Dev. Manager, Credit Controller, and Reinsurance Executive Jobs in Kenya 2012
Africa Merchant Assurance Company Limited (AMACO) is an insurance company that offers home and business solutions. As part of its planned expansion in line with her strategy, new opportunities have arisen thereby creating the need to seek:
Business Development Manager
Position: Ref MKT/6/12
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
This is a senior management role that is expected to provide strategic oversight of the marketing and underwriting functions. The person is expected to bring the strategy to market and identify areas for growth of the company’s insurance business, ensure high retention and the development of new products.
- Co-ordinate marketing and underwriting functions to meet company business targets in terms of value and product mix.
- Proposes changes in business handling procedures and underwriting approach and rating mechanisms to enhance competitiveness of the Company’s services and products while ensuring the technical soundness of policy documents.
- Actively monitor and ensure retention of business through customer satisfaction and policy renewals
- In collaboration with other key players, periodically review existing products to enhance their quality.
- Continually coach and develop the team under his/her supervision.
- Prepare timely business performance reports to management
- Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Conducts appropriate market intelligence to keep Senior Management informed of new developments in the insurance sector.
Academic & Professional Qualifications
- A University graduate in a relevant area of business, insurance or marketing.
- A relevant MBA is an added advantage.
- ACII qualifications
- Have ten (10) years work in the insurance sector, five of which should be at senior management level.
- Possess strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Display a unique blend of creativity and analytical skills
- Demonstrate good planning, organizing and ability to work well with teams
- Self driven individual with impeccable integrity.
- Above average presentation skills
Reports to: Chief Accountant
This role forms a crucial part in supporting the company in the collection of premiums and through account trend analysis improving the credit risk of any intermediary to the company. It also ensures that the monthly statements are produced accurately and on a timely basis, and that the credit control function is well managed.
Reports to: Underwriting Manager
This position acts as a support unit for the underwriting department, as well as ensuring that the company is well protected through adequate reinsurance programs.
AMACO is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on grounds of gender, Religion, disability or natural origin.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Interested candidates should forward their application letter stating the reference number, CV with daytime telephone contact and names & addresses of three referees to the email at our website below:
To apply, please visit our website careers page at www.amaco.co.ke
Closing date: 24th June, 2012
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.