World Vision Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Project Coordinator Job in Kenya 2012
Closing Date: June 22 2012
Description: Purpose of the position:
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- BSC Degree and qualification in Public Health or social development fields.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of maternal health and nutrition program in developing country context.
- Experience in multi country project management and coordination
- Experience of working in an advisory capacity at regional or national level.
- Up to date knowledge of maternal & child health and nutrition issues.
- Knowledge of maternal and child health and nutrition assessment, planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Substantial experience in capacity building program, and in developing training materials regarding maternal & child health and nutrition for information, education and communication purposes.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and willingness and ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to plan and implement own work with limited support.
- A readiness to work with people with widely differing cultures, beliefs and personal circumstances.
- Strategic and analytical thinking skills.
- Good IT skills to operate independently.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
As a child-focused organisation, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children.