KEPHIS Head of ICT Job vacancy in Kenya 2012
Kenya Plant Health Inspectorate Service (KEPHIS)
ISO 9001:2008 certified
A State Corporation in the Agriculture would like to invite applications from qualified Kenyans under the age of 40 years for the following position:
Head Information Communication Technology
Head ICT reports to General Manager Finance and Administration. He/She is expected to provide leadership in ICT, and ensure efficient and effective ICT operations in the Corporation.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing leadership in all aspects of ICT strategy, management and operations;
- Evaluating user requirements as well as system functionality, and ensuring that ICT facilities meet the needs of the Corporation and Stakeholders;
- Ensuring the smooth running of all ICT systems, including anti-virus software, print services and email provision;
- Assuring functionality of operating systems, network and applications software for effective communication:
- Implementing measures which ensure security, privacy and integrity of ICT infrastructure and processes;
- Managing the implementation of data systems and monitoring their effectiveness in meeting business unit needs;
- Managing staff of direct reports in functional areas such as systems operations, LAN/WAN architecture and hardware and software support;
- Ensure effective disaster management and recovery strategies and policies are in place;
- Develops and maintains corporate policies and standards aimed at maximizing operation of ICT systems.
Key Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or Information Systems from a recognized University. Master’s Degree in any of these disciplines is an added advantage.
- Ten years working experience in a relevant ICT environment and at least 5 years in management.
- IT Management Certification in hardware or software (MCSE, MCSD, MCCP, ITIL, Prince, PMP and/or, CISA) from a recognized body; and
- Proficiency in computing technology, programming, and practical knowledge of Oracle and SQL databases.
- Membership to relevant ICT professional bodies;
- Self-motivated, organized and efficient individual;
- Ability to work in a team environment and motivate employees;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Applicants meeting above qualifications should send their applications giving full details of their qualifications, experience, present and expected remuneration, full contact address including daytime telephone number, detailed C.V., copies of certificates and testimonials and contact details of three referees.
Applications should be addressed to:
P.O. Box 49592-00100
P.O. Box 49592-00100
So as to reach not later than June 22nd 2012
NB: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.