British High Commission Policy and Communications Officer Job in Rwanda 2012
The British High Commission in Kigali is seeking to recruit a Policy and Communications Officer.
This is a new position, and the successful candidate will become a senior member of our team, with significant responsibilities and opportunities to develop (including the possibility of regular training in London), and a generous package of rewards, leave and other benefits.
They will be responsible for research, briefing and reporting in key policy areas including civil society and the media, and will lead our communications work in Rwanda.
The successful candidate will:
- Be fluent in Kinyarwanda, French and English
- Be educated to undergraduate degree level or higher
- Have at least five years professional experience working predominantly on media and political issues
- Have strong analytical skills, and a talent for gathering and evaluating information from a range of sources and reaching logical and insightful conclusions
- Be a proactive self-starter who takes personal responsibility for delivery, and responds well to rapidly changing sets of priorities.
- Be professional and self-confident, present a positive image of the UK and the High Commission, and be able to influence a range of contacts
- Be a team player, who understands and meets on the needs of their customers and stakeholders, and can work closely with colleagues from diverse cultural backgrounds
The salary for this position will be between 13,601,419 and 23,261,903 RWF p.a., depending on experience.
Please submit your full CV and a covering letter, explaining why you feel you meet the requirements above, to
Samuel Paice, Political Officer,
British High Commission,
PO Box 578, Parcelle 1131,
Boulevard de I’Umuganda, Kacyiru
before 17:00 on Thursday 28 June.
Only those who are successful in the initial sift of applications will be contacted and invited to attend an interview.
Interviews will be held during July 2012.
The British High Commission is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of ethnic origin, race, religious belief, age, disability or gender.