Africa International University: Full-time and Part-time Lecturer Jobs in Kenya 2012
i. Lecturer in Theology
ii. Senior Lecturer in Organizational Leadership & Governance/ Business Management Leadership
iii. Lecturer in Strategic Studies
iv. Lecturer in Law, Ethics and Governance
v. Lecturer in Computer Science/ Management Information Systems
vi. Lecturer in Political Science
vii. Lecturer in Family and child studies (including values inculcation)
viii. Lecturer in Youth studies, Demography, Population and Life skills
ix. Lecturer in Finance or Accounting
x. Lecturer in Human Resource
xi. Lecturer in Entrepreneurship
Overall Job Purpose:
Reporting to the Dean of School, this position shall be responsible to design, develop and deliver a range of programmes of teaching to students in order to enable them to complete their studies successfully and to determine, develop and carry out relevant independent research projects to extend knowledge of the appropriate subject area in tandem with the vision and mission of Africa International University.
- Teach undergraduate and post graduate students (on campus , e-learning and distance/extension) in areas allocated by the Head of Department.
- Supervise or assist with supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Assist in the development of learning materials, preparing schemes of work and maintaining records to monitor student progress, achievement and attendance.
- Participate in departmental and faculty meetings and seminars aimed at sharing research outcomes and building interdisciplinary collaboration within and outside the department.
- Write lecture material and handouts and presenting information in lectures, seminars and tutorials and through other methods to facilitate education and learning.
- Set, mark and assess learning tasks and provide timely feedback to students and the department.
- May be member of departmental planning team to determine teaching programme for the academic year.
- Take feedback from students to improve teaching methodologies and content within the department/faculty, for example, changes to make to course material.
- Write papers on topic relevant to specialist subject area such as for journals, books and other material using appropriate media.
- Write dissertation reports and providing references for students.
- Participate as member of departmental/faculty subject group, determining teaching requirements.
- Participate in relevant committees within AIU as requested by management
- Attend conferences in specialist subject area to liaise and network with national/international colleagues the role holder may, on occasion, be invited to give presentations and lectures in his/her specialism and/or organize sessions in conferences or workshops.
- Maintain own continuing professional development.
- PhD degree in the area of specialty with one publication OR Masters degree combined with 5 years teaching at University level and at least three publications.
- Professional qualification relevant to area of specialty is a plus.
- Computer proficiency in basic MS Office packages.
- Experience in assessment of student work, course content design and development.
- Ability to teach and to supervise academic work by students at all levels at the University.
- Ability to manage time and work to strict deadlines.
- Ability to conceptualize, design, develop and undertake structured evaluation and review of projects and programme.
- Good report and proposal writing skills.
- Public speaking and excellent presentation skills
- Effective team leadership skills.
- Ability to continuously monitor and acquire new knowledge on relevant University trends and developments.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good leadership, planning and organizational skills.
- Proactive, initiative, with good networking, negotiation and collaborative skills.
- A demonstrable ability to integrate faith, life and learning
- Must be a committed evangelical Christian.
Applicants must have a Masters Degree in relevant fields, with at least 2 years teaching experience at a university level, after attaining the Masters.
PhD holders and those with evidence of relevant research and publications will have a distinct advantage.
How to Apply
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com including only cover letter, detailed resume and duly filled job application form.
The Vice Chancellor’s Office,
Africa International University,
P.O. Box 24686 – 00502
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Deadline for application is Monday 18th June 2012 before 5pm.
All positions will be kept open beyond the application deadline until they are filled.
All academic and non-academic staff are required to be faithful to the evangelical faith and practice and to the Christian ethos and code of conduct of the university.
Note: Student admissions are in September, January and April.